Author Topic: Giro del Tirreno, Part 6 - Rolling Hills of Tuscany  (Read 2440 times)

il padrone

Giro del Tirreno, Part 6 - Rolling Hills of Tuscany
« on: October 24, 2022, 10:55:49 pm »
After some period of sightseeing we get back on the road and head into the heart of Tuscany, south to Siena, to Volterra and on to the coast at Ceccina. After a family visit we head south through the vineyards to spend six days exploring Isola d'Elba. We get separated, get lost, discover wonderful quiet roads, hidden citadels and land in an amazing resort before returning to my grandfather's village.

https://youtu.be/dbBzaBXrHd4

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Giro del Tirreno, Part 6 - Rolling Hills of Tuscany
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 11:48:36 pm »
Pete,

I am so very much enjoying your YouTube videos and accounts and the absolutely terrific job you did in photographing and editing your journeys for the videos. I've gone back a number of times simply because I wanted to see more of one detail or another.

Fabulous trips, wonderfully related.

Well done, you!

Best, Dan.

il padrone

Re: Giro del Tirreno, Part 6 - Rolling Hills of Tuscany
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 08:36:39 am »
Thanks for the nice comments Dan. I was hoping that people appreciate them. This was a long while ago now, but it was a 3 month exploration of Italy, and very memorable for us. I was laid up off the bike for three months from last Nov to late Feb, so got busy to work on editing my old photos and creating a slide-show using iMovie then uploading to YouTube. It has been very educational and I was motivated now to get stuck into more video work, using two GoPro cams on my bike tours. All great learning for an old dog. Unfortunately a range of things (as mentioned above, COVID of course, and my father's illness and passing) have prevented a repeat of this longer-duration European tour, though we did a 5-week tour of Provence and northern Italy in 2019. Hopefully now things are improving. Next planned tour is NZ in Christmas - mid-Feb, then, once my wife has retired next year, maybe Spain, France and Portugal next northern summer.

Ciao, Pete.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 08:38:19 am by il padrone »