Author Topic: Giro del Tirreno, Part 1 - Rome, Amalfi, Pompei & Isola Eolie  (Read 2031 times)

il padrone

Giro del Tirreno, Part 1 - Rome, Amalfi, Pompei & Isola Eolie
« on: October 13, 2022, 08:01:29 am »
This is another one from the archives that I have put together as a slideshow - our 2013 Tour of the Tyrrhenian Sea. Part 1 was Rome to the Aeolian Islands. Our first take at touring internationally and in Europe. Wonderful riding and so much to learn. We loved it!

https://youtu.be/ulUTcMByAow

Andre Jute

Re: Giro del Tirreno, Part 1 - Rome, Amalfi, Pompei & Isola Eolie
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 10:44:56 am »
Holy Maloney, that's the good stuff!

John Saxby

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 03:21:42 pm »
Visiting Your People, Peter -- brilliant!

It is to weep --- writing this on a grey wet mid-October day in Ottawa.

Loved the Vivaldi -- well done.  In 2007 we spent a week-plus in Venice.  Wandering about one morning, all-of-a-sudden, Vivaldi came over the public PA. "How nice--" sez I, "a spontaneous tribute to a native son."

Ummm, not quite:  seems the Tourism Office decided that a klaxon blast was an inappropriate tool to advise unaware/witless tourists of higher-than-usual tides.  Landlubbers as we are, we made no connection between Vivaldi and high tides, but his aural presence did reinforce all our positive stereotypes of Venice.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 03:23:18 pm by John Saxby »

PH

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 04:15:45 pm »
Some great photos and looks like a wonderful trip.
I went to most of those places in my early 20's, on a small motorbike, too young to appreciate the surroundings, but not the adventure.