Author Topic: Nomad MK2 rims  (Read 3245 times)

KDean

Nomad MK2 rims
« on: June 26, 2022, 08:24:25 am »
Is there a tubeless compatible version  of these rims

mickeg

Re: Nomad MK2 rims
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 10:52:06 pm »
Nomad Mk II bikes were built to order or were built by someone that bought the frame to build it up to a complete bike.

Thus there could be a variety of rims.  I suspect many if not most used Andra 30 rims.  If that is what you have, you could check Ryde website for tubeless versions.

But CSS rims are not made any more, so if that is what you have, you can't get a CSS rim that is tubeless version.

KDean

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2023, 09:38:21 am »
Thanks for the reply , mine are standard .

PH

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2023, 07:56:30 pm »
Tubeless, 26", rim brake?  I've not done an extensive search, but I think it unlikely there'll be much of a selection, if any.  Tubeless became popular about the same sort of time as disc brakes became the norm and 26" was falling out of fashion. It's a size that'll be around for a long time, due the the volume of bikes about, but I'd be surprised if there was anything new offered in that size till it comes back into fashion.  There's a choice of tubeless 26" tyres, but they're most probably all MTB knobblies, so even if you found some rims, you might not find the right tyres to take advantage.
I must admit I'm tubeless curious, but it'll wait till I'm starting a project from scratch, it isn't much of an up-charge where swapping is

JohnR

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 07:42:40 am »

KDean

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 11:11:54 am »
I've just found "Velocity cliffhanger" ..My LBS  said they aren't as strong as Ryde  but are pretty good .

PH

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2023, 11:31:36 pm »
I've just found "Velocity cliffhanger" ..My LBS  said they aren't as strong as Ryde  but are pretty good .
It's a rim with a great reputation, as it should have for the price, that's going to be an expensive upgrade to go tubeless!