Author Topic: New Thorn stock  (Read 1890 times)

ourclarioncall

New Thorn stock
« on: March 11, 2022, 11:01:06 am »
I asked on Instagram when the new stock (frames and forks) will be coming in . I expected March sometimes

I was informed they had a batch in but they were all pre-sold and they will be getting more later in the year 🥲🥲🥲🥲

ourclarioncall

Re: New Thorn stock
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 11:04:46 am »
As my dad once said “if yer nae fast , yer last”

ourclarioncall

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 11:06:14 am »
I just expected there to be plenty to go round , but maybe Covid has slowed everything down so much they are only getting limited supply ?

UKTony

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 12:48:37 pm »
As a result of the pandemic there has been a huge increase in demand and a shortage of key components. Many bike shops are only selling bikes to customers on back order. I know this because a couple of friends   have had to do this and waited 6 months to a year for their new bike to arrive. The blockage in the Suez Canal last year probably didn’t help matters either!
If Thorn told you that all the latest batch were pre-sold that implies they’ll take orders in advance though they might want a deposit. Have you asked the Thorn sales team about the possibility of pre-ordering, if not I fear you might find yourself in the same position when the next batch of frames arrives later in the year.

ourclarioncall

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2022, 01:04:48 pm »
As a result of the pandemic there has been a huge increase in demand and a shortage of key components. Many bike shops are only selling bikes to customers on back order. I know this because a couple of friends   have had to do this and waited 6 months to a year for their new bike to arrive. The blockage in the Suez Canal last year probably didn’t help matters either!
If Thorn told you that all the latest batch were pre-sold that implies they’ll take orders in advance though they might want a deposit. Have you asked the Thorn sales team about the possibility of pre-ordering, if not I fear you might find yourself in the same position when the next batch of frames arrives later in the year.

Gotcha

I asked on Instagram when the new batch will in

From talking to a guy who got one pre ordered I’m thinking about 6 months . He got the wrong colour and doesn’t want to wait another 6 months he said so is getting a respray done in uk

Yeah pre-order is the way to go I think

mickeg

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2022, 02:11:09 am »
Quote from: ourclarioncall link=topic=14529.msg108914#msg108914
Yeah pre-order is the way to go I think

So, that used Mk II was not something you wanted?

ourclarioncall

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2022, 12:22:37 pm »
A long story , but our financial situation keeps changing . Away to buy our first home ..  but we don’t know how much money we have to play with yet as it’s coming from an inheritance(which could come in at any time , so I’m prepared to buy a bike ) Well, was supposed to be coming , but now we have to get a lawyer involved to chase up a department in Texas !

That nomad 2 was in Wales if I remember correctly, not Scotland and I don’t think he offered shipping . I still don’t know what size fits me best (I can fit into 3 frame sizes apparently) as I’ve never rode one and I’ve no clue how to go over the bike and check if everything is okay. I think I would rather go to Thorn and get properly fitted and test ride what they have available for peace of mind and I can keep it in mint condition. I would still be up for buying a used bike , but they are usually always in England which means travelling a long distance  just to try it, that’s not easy with a clingy 9 year old girl that won’t let you go 😁

mickeg

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2022, 10:15:15 am »
I did not realize you are in USA, maybe Texas.  I assumed that the used one that I think had S&S couplers was not too far away from you.

in4

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2022, 12:44:01 pm »
Email notification today. Still on EBay UK, Newport. South Wales, near Cardiff.

ourclarioncall

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2022, 07:15:45 pm »
I did not realize you are in USA, maybe Texas.  I assumed that the used one that I think had S&S couplers was not too far away from you.

Ah sorry for the confusion

I am from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿, my wife is from Texas 🇺🇸. We live in Scotland

ourclarioncall

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2022, 07:18:30 pm »

The bike Is about 600 miles away from me

For Americans that probably nothing , for us it’s a big deal haha

ourclarioncall

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2022, 07:19:24 pm »
Email notification today. Still on EBay UK, Newport. South Wales, near Cardiff.

Ah, still for sale is it ?