Author Topic: removing wheels on Nomad Mrk2  (Read 1089 times)

KDean

removing wheels on Nomad Mrk2
« on: October 11, 2021, 01:45:03 pm »
Are there any videos on this ? I have a V break on the front & undoing the spring the pads don't seem to spread far enough apart to get the tire past .& the rear wheel has a disk break & rohloff .   I'm use to through axel wheels & I don't want to break anything . Thanks.

mickeg

Re: removing wheels on Nomad Mrk2
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 01:58:08 pm »
I have to let the air out of my 57mm wide front tire to get my front wheel off the Nomad Mk II.  The V brake does not spread wide enough.

After a few years I finally got in the habit of putting the air in my front tire AFTER and not before I put the wheel into the frame after changing a tire.  After maybe a half dozen times of airing up my front tire, then having to let the air out again to fit the wheel in the frame before I have to refill the tire a second time, eventually I learned my lesson.

KDean

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 02:58:57 pm »
Thanks , I thought I was doing something wrong .

PH

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 08:02:30 pm »
I have a V break on the front & undoing the spring
Undoing the spring?
You should be releasing the cable from the brake link, maybe this is what you're doing and just have the name wrong?
With the cable undone the pads should move all the way back to the inside of the forks, this ought to be the only thing stopping them spreading further.
It's possible that this isn't far enough, I've had bikes like that. No big deal, as mickeg says just get into the habit of inflating after you're refitted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkwkpJR0Ofk
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 08:59:42 pm by PH »

KDean

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 02:14:26 pm »
That's exactly what I did ,but there still isn't enough space ? Once I'm mended I'll have another look .