Author Topic: Cycling to Oz 2008  (Read 2162 times)

gregpeak

Cycling to Oz 2008
« on: September 23, 2007, 06:01:56 pm »
I am planning to cycle to Australia in 2008 from the UK and I would like to know if there is anyone else who intends to cycle this way next year. I am in the initial stages of planning and I would appreciate any useful information.[8D]

sloe

Re: Cycling to Oz 2008
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 11:27:36 pm »
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12541478

Also have a look at crazyguyonabike.com where you can filter all the posted journals.

lancer17

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 06:40:38 am »
Hi,

When are you planning on leaving i head off for New Zealand the end of March, which way you planing to go,

Useful book i have found is Adventure cycle-touring handbook.

gregpeak

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 09:11:23 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lancer17

Hi,

When are you planning on leaving i head off for New Zealand the end of March, which way you planing to go,

Useful book i have found is Adventure cycle-touring handbook.

I am planning to leave in July and cycle to Turkey via the Danube. From Turkey I proceed through Iran, Pakistan, India and on to Nepal. I will then pass through China and leave via Laos and travel down to Singapore via Thailand and Malaysia. from singapore I will catch a boat to Sumatra and cycle to Timor and  fly to Darwin where I will finish off my trip.

SJSKyle

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 07:17:58 pm »
Hi Greg,

I'm am planning to do the same thing, around the same time!  Exactly the same route and all!  I am working at SJS cycles at the moment, hopefully until my departure date.  My 2 year visa dictates that I must return home to Oz around this time...my email is kyleandrewarcher@gmail.com and my website is www.bikevoyage.blogspot.com

Look forward to hearing from ya!

Kyle