Author Topic: 10 months since a post on tandems. So...  (Read 6784 times)

brummie

10 months since a post on tandems. So...
« on: August 19, 2017, 08:45:40 pm »
Anybody know any details on the new Mk3 Raven Twin tandems?

Mike Ayling

Re: 10 months since a post on tandems. So...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 03:00:04 am »
Anybody know any details on the new Mk3 Raven Twin tandems?

The pics that I googled look pretty similar to the old ones.

Mike

Pavel

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 03:51:40 pm »
Now that they've been out long enough, I wonder what the details are that merit the Mk3 appellation?  As far as I can see, there are the now standard couplings, which were an option before, and I don't think the extra tube that was the difference between the Mk2's Discovery and Adventure, is available any longer.

Then there are the front forks available in the new disk brake option, with it's larger spacing and through axle dropouts- but I wonder if those same forks can't be retro-fitted to the MK2?  I can't see any reason that should make retro-fitting a problem.  Is there one?

The last thing I can see, a minor difference to be sure, is that the pilot has lost one water bottle, due to the couplers.

Anyone have both? :) what else is there, I wonder?

Aleman

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 11:23:38 am »
I don't think the extra tube that was the difference between the Mk2's Discovery and Adventure, is available any longer.
I think the L/L and the L/M have the second Lateral Tube, making it a double marathon frame, and IIRC there is a supplemental charge for those sizes, but don't quote me on that.

They have changed the eccentric shell, so you don't pierce the eccentric when adjusting chain tension, which is a good thing IMO, and also allows for finer setting of the chain tension.

It's now possible to have a 700C or 650B version as well as the default 26".

They have reduced the number of sizes, and tweaked the frame geometry so they still fit the same range of crews.

Paint finish is now Dupont Imron 2K rather than powder coat