Author Topic: Which Bike?  (Read 8310 times)

RST Scout

• Janet
Re: Which Bike?
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2017, 11:20:28 pm »
I adore Scotland and I'm aware that Ireland has similar scenery so I'm sure I'll love it (tho I'm sure you'll say it was better ;))
Thanks Anto.

Janet
PS where abouts are you?
Scout & Bettina's slave!

jags

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2017, 09:34:50 am »
Janet I'm on the northeast coast not far from the big smoke Dublin,I'm in Drogheda co Louth Google that nice town ,I,be never been to Scotland but love to get over one of these days all I need is the money and a touring partner.

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2017, 08:43:44 pm »
Do try and get to Scotland.  I've Youth Hosteled all round the Highlands (Glasgow to Fort William and Oban) also on Skye and Arran. It's fabulous. Was on my old Raleigh bedstead; must see if I can find some photos. Dying to go to The Outer Hebrides or the Orkneys. I'll Google your part of the world and have a look on Google Earth.

Cheers,
Janet
Scout & Bettina's slave!

jags

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2017, 10:32:12 pm »
yeah it's on the bucket list Janet ,
but there's parts of Ireland i've never seen by bike .
Northern Ireland is beautiful up around the mournes  stunning like to explore more of it .
the west of ireland is also stunning  .
my own part of the country is lovely full of history if your into history , battle of the boyne /Newgrange/Monasterboice /Hill of Tara these would be all my cycling routes mostly all back roads,
It's seldom you   would see Anto on a main road  i'll leave that caper to the glory hunters (young Dudes)
but sure look isn't everywhere beautiful if the sun is on your back and you have a pocket full of money 8).
anto.

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2017, 11:15:48 pm »
True, Anto.
Scout & Bettina's slave!