Author Topic: Advice required selling my Nomad frame  (Read 1815 times)

PhilD28

Advice required selling my Nomad frame
« on: May 05, 2016, 05:27:40 pm »
Hello all,
I'm new here, but not to Thorn bikes having ridden them for about 20 years, currently using an XTC classic SWB as my general touring bike, a very nice machine.

About 10 years ago it was my intention to do a round the world trip having completed many 2 and 3 month European tours, so I set about building my preferred bike based around a Nomad frame. This frame was possibly a variant of the Mk1 (not sure could be mk2) but it was built for derailier gears,and was one of the UK made, fully fillet brazed in Reynolds 725 with a 531st fork.

Long story short I built a beautiful bike around that frame and did one UK camping trip up to Cape Wrath (the bike was perfect), unfortunately a short while after getting back I was involved in a motorcycle accident and damaged my knee - long expedition trips are now out of the question. Day trips and less demanding tours are OK but the Nomad frame is overkill for that. So I've stripped off the components to use on my other bikes and want to sell the frame/fork complete with Orbit XL2 headset. The frame is black enamal and in good condition apart from a couple of small "shed" nicks.

Can't recall the size but will check, I'm 5'7" and it fits great with a bit of leeway to go bigger or smaller with appropriate stems.

Can anyone help out and advise on a typical value for it?

Thanks in advance

geocycle

Re: Advice required selling my Nomad frame
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 08:28:27 pm »
Glad you are enjoying your Thorns'. The xtc sounds nice, you should post some pictures in the gallery. Pricing frames is very difficult. I'd scour the board here for something similar. I sold my used Raven frame for £180 which seems to be a going rate for off the peg used steel frames. Condition is everything. Again a few pics would help.