Author Topic: help  (Read 2909 times)

dick220369

help
« on: March 15, 2016, 08:28:11 PM »
Hi All,

It's me again and I'm sorry to bother you all again but I got a new Sherpa frame that arrived with a scratch recently replaced by SJS Cycles. The new frame arrived on Friday just past and because I am not planning to build the bike till the end of the month I just gave it a quick inspection. I checked the paintwork and everything looked fine, however, I have just inspected it more closely and I noticed something strange with the weld between the seat tube and top tube - see attached photos. In you opinion does this look like something I should be concerned about. The photos are not good quality because I only have the camera on my phone which isn't the best. I am thinking about contacting SJS about this but I am worried just in case I am being to persnickety. What do you think?

Thanks,

Richard :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 08:48:10 PM by dick220369 »

in4

Re: help
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 08:54:27 PM »
My first thought would be suggest you contact SJS with your photos and ask their advice. I've always found them good people to deal with.

dick220369

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 08:57:31 PM »
Hi in4,

Email to SJS sent, just a bit disappointing since this is a replacement for a new frame that was damaged when I received it. Maybe I'll be third time lucky.

Thanks,

Tiberius

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 08:57:00 AM »
Hi in4,

Email to SJS sent, just a bit disappointing since this is a replacement for a new frame that was damaged when I received it. Maybe I'll be third time lucky.

Thanks,

I would now wait to hear what they say.

If they confirm that it IS faulty then, in my world, they wouldn't get s third go.....

Please keep us posted.

Robin Thorn

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 09:53:12 AM »
Hi Richard

Thanks for the photos, I’m sorry this transaction is being anything other than simple.
I STILL really can’t tell what I’m looking at (not your fault, this is a very tricky thing to photograph)
The first frame was simply transit damage, probably due to our poor packaging, you’ll not be happy with the frame you’ve now received whatever we say so there’s really no problem………
We’ve got 3 other frames in stock at this moment, we can check each of these and send you the “best” we can arrange to collect the frame you now have, again we’ll attempt this to coincide.

Please confirm via email and we’ll proceed.

I’m posting this reply on the forum for transparency, when we do get the frame back here I will attempt to post an explanation of the “fault” as there will be some interest generated by your question there.
I’m sure if I forget someone will remind me!

Regards

ROBIN THORN
(Director)
Thorn Cycles Ltd