Author Topic: fed up  (Read 4854 times)

jags

Re: fed up
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 08:04:43 pm »
 ;D i'de get banned if i started cracking jokes Matt.

in4

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2015, 12:04:52 pm »
My new light arrived today  :) Great service from SJS. I also got some new ink cartridges but they, unsurprisingly, can wait!

I might be being a little 20W  but can anyone tell me what the two grey strips are for?
Im thinking they might aid grip when attaching the light to particular surfaces but I'm probably completely wrong.

Andre Jute

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2015, 12:54:26 pm »
...can anyone tell me what the two grey strips are for?
Im thinking they might aid grip when attaching the light to particular surfaces but I'm probably completely wrong.

They're padding for the round clips, or to avoid marking paintwork. I didn't use them because I attach my lamp with tiewraps to the rearmost crossbar of the rack, the proper space for a lamp being taken already by a BUMM Line Plus. The tiewraps makes it a permanent fitting, so that I don't have to take the lamp with me when I leave the bike.

However you attach the lamp to the bike, a tiewrap lengthwise around it between the buttons is essential to keep the cap on; lose the cap, which contains the switching, and the lamp is useless. I've lost two, and that was back in the days when this lamp cost 55 euro, so you can imagine I learned a hard lesson.

Something I forgot to say the other day about the fantastic Cateye TL-LD1100 rear lamp: on full blink, both rows, it runs about 200 hours on a set of batteries. Ripley! Even as a steady lamp, full on, all buttons in, it runs at least 10 hours on a set of batteries.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 06:45:11 pm by Andre Jute »

in4

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 01:26:34 pm »
Thanks Andre, I thought that would be the case. I'll attach my light to the rear of my rack so I'll not use the round clips for now. I'll certainly be using some cable ties to keep everything together though.

Incidentally a quick Google seach for BUMM Line Plus photos places your website in top place. A cunning wheeze to direct traffic methinks :)

Thanks again. Appreciated.

jags

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2015, 11:14:48 am »
came across this film on facebook just now its brilliant bad langauge here and there but worth a watch
http://www.ilovebicycling.com/cycling-explained-to-a-non-cyclist/