Author Topic: Thorn Raven 530L almost NEW plus full set Ortlieb panniers (5pcs)  (Read 3875 times)

mike21

Thorn Raven 530L almost NEW (two years old) around 150 miles done including full set Ortlieb panniers (5pcs).
Invoice from SJS for £2739
fitted/added for extra cost (including in sale):
The Plug USB charger
Ortlieb panniers Back roller Classic, Ortlieb front Roller panniers, Ortlieb Oltimate 6 handlebar pannier with map cover.
Cateye wireless bicycle computer.
Cateye rear battery light.
Spare spokes, some spanners

I'm 5'8" with standover 31.5"

Please look at the photos for condition and spec.

Collection only from Manchester and cash on collection, please. £2000 o.n.o (whole lot)

PM
[Listing moved from Bike Bits / Accessories for Sale board -- Dan.]
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:41:08 pm by mike21 »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Thorn Raven 530L almost NEW plus full set Ortlieb panniers (5pcs)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 02:29:45 am »
Hi Mike, and welcome to the Thorn Cycling Forum!

This is a lovely looking bicycle. It -- or one that appears identical -- was sold on eBay 25 October with a full complement of camping gear.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thorn-Raven-Touring-Bike-plus-camping-gear-/221922830873?hash=item33aba1aa19%3Ag%3AHfAAAOSwl9BWLOsi&nma=true&si=DsSec%252FRO%252Bx4x6Rds4JPp2rx%252B0SY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I presume you are the buyer rather than the original seller. Please, can you tell us why you are selling such a lovely machine so quickly?

Best,

Dan.

Donerol

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 03:42:36 pm »
The one on Ebay sold for only £700, including all the camping gear!  :o

Andre Jute

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 05:43:22 pm »
The one on Ebay sold for only £700, including all the camping gear!  :o

I think that's the point Dan makes, ever so politely...

jags

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 06:08:18 pm »
even so it sounds like a good deal ;)

mike21

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 09:32:19 pm »
Thank you Dan for such warm welcome:) I'm very happy to be a part of this forum.

I'm sorry for putting it into not the right section.
Yes, that's right this is the same bike from the eBay link.
Circumstances changed so is for sale.

Donerol, do you really think that the bike like this can be bought for £400 (excluding camping gear)? :o
for you'r consideration:
Sell price £2000=eBay fees £200
Sell price £700=eBay fees £70

£1200 savings for potential buyer to get the bike in this condition with all paperwork. I also think this is a good deal ;)

Donerol

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 11:35:05 pm »
Donerol, do you really think that the bike like this can be bought for £400 (excluding camping gear)? :o

Well, no, but I've seen some funny prices on ebay before. The listing says £700 -  are you saying you paid more for it? Or are you the original seller? I don't use ebay much so don't know the ins and outs.

onrbikes

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 05:05:04 am »
I've bought and sold many things on Ebay and its an easy place to test the market.
The bike may have never actually been 'sold' as such.

One technique is to delete the add just before it expires. Perfectly legal but frowned upon.

When I first built my Ravens in Australia, thought to build another one to sell, so placed one on Ebay to see if there was any interest. I removed the ad in the last week after there was only 1 watcher and no bids. Needless to say I never built an extra one.

Not many people will buy and expensive item from a new seller with little or no history. A sure sign the ad is bogus.

Another technique is to have multiple accounts or a friend that bids on the item to push up the price in hopes of spurring someone into action. Only the seller can see how many people are watching while buyers can see how many bids have been placed. The bids isn't a true reflection of watchers.
The problem with this is if the item is sold to your "friend" the ebay fee must be paid.

in4

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 09:13:50 am »
Re Ebay: I followed a super Nomad a short while ago. think it was in Scotland. The seller never replied to questions. I made a good bid that fell short of the reserve. The bike timed out and was never to be seen again. I wonder what it was doing on Ebay in the first place.
If I try to sell anything on Ebay I aim to be informative, honest and not like a used car salesman in a jaunty hat! I'm sure most people try to be similar. Some however...!

Inbred

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 11:18:13 pm »
I've contacted the original seller of this bike and he told me that it was sold for £700 with all the camping gear.
It had also been riden from the Uk to Germany and back.
So the current seller if just trying to make a quick buck and also being less than honest about how much use its had.
You have been warned!!!!