Author Topic: Seat post issue  (Read 4163 times)

phopwood

Seat post issue
« on: August 06, 2015, 11:52:56 am »
Hi,

I got this nice new setback post last weeks, I noticed it kept slipping down while cycling.  I need to bolt it up about mid point on the VO logo.  Spot the deliberate mistake.  I am just waiting for the dealer to get back to me with there thoughts.

All the best.

Peter

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Seat post issue
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 03:04:00 pm »
Oh, boy.  ???

Yes, I can see the problem very clearly.

Sure hope you are able to make an exchange, Peter, as this simply won't work.

All the best,

Dan.

ians

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 05:06:00 pm »
Oh no - I've just ordered one of these.

Where did you order from?

ian

ps.  Just checked the VO (USA) site - both the black and silver posts show this slimming around the logo.  Does that make this a weak design?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 05:10:24 pm by ians »

markbUK

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 05:29:56 pm »
I have a silver one on my Mercury and just checked and it doesn't show this slimming near the logo,

Mark

phopwood

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 05:39:30 pm »
Mark,

I have a silver one on my Mercury and just checked and it doesn't show this slimming near the logo,

How old is yours, I also have a silver one which is a different design around the clamp, the silver one is 27.2mm the whole way up.

Ian,

ps.  Just checked the VO (USA) site - both the black and silver posts show this slimming around the logo.  Does that make this a weak design?

yes it does look that way  :o

Peter

markbUK

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 06:32:06 pm »
Peter I bought mine about 4 months ago, and the logo is slightly different from the one in the pic.. I'll need to check to see if I can work out where I got it from

Mark

Neil Jones

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 04:25:46 pm »
Hope you can get your seatpost issue sorted Phil, most frustrating.

I was about to order one, possibly two of these now that the Noir colour is back in stock. I can't quite make out on the photo but is the slimming about 3 1/4 inches down from the top of the seatpost? I'll need to get my tape measure out.

Best of luck,
Neil

phopwood

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 05:48:36 pm »
Neil,

I was about to order one, possibly two of these now that the Noir colour is back in stock. I can't quite make out on the photo but is the slimming about 3 1/4 inches down from the top of the seatpost? I'll need to get my tape measure out.

I managed to get it to stop slipping by making the clamp tighter which is not ideal.

I never got a response back from the supplier, I will try one more time before I start shouting.  The annoying thing is when I ordered it I thought it would be the same as the older version which is much much better made.

The logo is 95mm from the center line of the seat rails.  So if you need more that 105 mm above the frame it will work just fine.

All the best.

Peter

Neil Jones

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 07:14:07 am »
Thanks for the swift response Peter (sorry for getting your name muddled),

I will get my ruler out today and do some measuring. Looking at your photo I don't really understand the need for the post to start narrowing by the logo. It's really hard to get a black seatpost with a similar amount of setback so hopefully it'll be ok.

Regards,
Neil

ians

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 09:19:51 am »

I never got a response back from the supplier, I will try one more time before I start shouting.

Peter

Peter - who is your supplier?

Thanks
Ian

phopwood

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 11:11:14 am »
Ian,

It was Freshtripe in the UK.

Peter

phopwood

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 12:15:06 pm »
Just heard back from Freshtripe so things are getting sorted.

Peter

ians

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 02:27:20 pm »
Thanks Peter.

I also ordered from Freshtripe and then tried to cancel the order, but heard nothing.

Ian

John Saxby

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 02:43:56 pm »
For what it's worth, guys, I've often ordered directly from VO, using their online store.  Might be easier & cheaper for me, I know, as they're only about a day's drive due south of Ottawa.  I've always found them quick to reply, & helpful in responding to questions.

Good luck, in any case.

phopwood

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 05:03:50 pm »
I am sure this will all get sorted out, I am not criticising Freshtripe in anyway I have ordered from them before and never had a problem, I am sure I will get a replacement.

The VO stuff is normally very good.  I suspect there is a batch of them that got past QC.

Peter