Author Topic: Thorn Forum Undergoing Maintenance/Mail Upgrade  (Read 14984 times)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Thorn Forum Undergoing Maintenance/Mail Upgrade
« on: June 04, 2015, 05:18:50 am »
Hi All!

While the Forum is undergoing an upgrade to the mail system, some features may be temporarily unavailable, including attached photos -- they won't upload and previously uploaded ones aren't viewable.

The problem will be resolved as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

Best,

Dan.
Thorn Cycling Forums Adminstrator

Slammin Sammy

Re: Thorn Forum Undergoing Maintenance/Mail Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 09:55:49 pm »
Hi Dan,

Has the photo upload issue been resolved as yet?

I hope you're enjoying some fine early summer riding weather. As always, thanks for your efforts,

Sam

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 02:33:31 am »
Hi Sam!

I hope to have an update for the Forum membership soon. Meantime...no the problem is not yet resolved. More details in the next day or so.

All the best,

Dan.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 05:49:38 pm »
Hi All!

An update...

Thanks to SJSC/Thorn's Adrian while I have limited Internet connectivity, we now have the attached photos and avatars back. Yay, Adrian; well done!

However, it appears we still do not have Forum mail capability. PMs work fine, but the mail is what allows members to receive updates notifications for followed topics, and it allows for new-member authentication.

More updates as things Happen. For now...pittsures are back.  :)

All the best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 09:44:09 pm »
sure u might as well stick one up so. ;)

anto
(who still hasen't a clue how to post photos)

alfie1952

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 11:44:47 pm »
 ???
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 12:08:15 am by alfie1952 »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 12:12:02 am »
Photos can once again be uploaded as attachments, Anto. And of course, the previously attached photos and avatars can once again be viewed.

Anto, there's a little tutorial on how to post photos here: http://www.thorncycles.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=4313.0

Best,

Dan.

JimK

• Interdependent Science
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 04:54:27 am »
I've never attached a photo here - I always link to photobucket. But since we can attach again, I might as well try!

Andre Jute

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 08:41:42 am »
I've never used the email notification system of new posts. Instead, I use a system that works much more conveniently and that takes only half a minute to set up:

1. Open the Thorn forum home page.

2. Click on "Show unread posts since last visit." You can find it top left under your name, to the right of your avatar if you have one.

3. Bookmark the page you're now looking at and put the bookmark in your favourites. I keep this bookmark in the favourites bar of my Mac, where instantly accessible.

OR

3. Save the page you're looking at in your browser to your desktop, where it will be instantly accessible.

4. When you want to see the latest posts in the forum, click on either the bookmark or the page icon on your desktop. You will see a forum page listing all the new threads and threads with new messages.

Voila! No multiple messages cluttering up your mailbox, waiting to be removed, yet the latest posts on your fave forum are instantly available.

jags

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 03:48:14 pm »
Photos can once again be uploaded as attachments, Anto. And of course, the previously attached photos and avatars can once again be viewed.

Anto, there's a little tutorial on how to post photos here: http://www.thorncycles.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=4313.0

Best,

Dan.
Dan all my photos are on my  samsune stupid i mean smart phone .posting them on face book is simple enough even for me  ::) but  posting them on here is a feckin nightmare.thing im gonna have to get Darragh wife to show me how.
if only i stayed in school for  10 minutes longer .

Slammin Sammy

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 09:37:17 pm »
I've never attached a photo here - I always link to photobucket. But since we can attach again, I might as well try!

Sitting down on the job again, Jim?  ;) ;D

Good photo, you handsome devil (unless it's not you, in which case, who's your friend?)  ;D :D

Slammin Sammy

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 09:47:42 pm »
Hi Dan,

John Saxby invited questions in his post on his ride to black fly country http://www.thorncycles.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=11181.msg80993#msg80993. But I noticed there is no "Reply" button on this thread, and now I see it has a "lock" on the listing. Is this an artefact from having moved the original post, or is it intentional?

Thanks,
Sam

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 09:53:37 pm »
HI Sammy!

Thanks so much for flagging this to my attention. Purely an oversight on my part, now corrected.

For those wondering: When I split or move a topic, I lock it first so no replies can be made while it is being modified. This is to prevent Bad Things from happening behind the scenes (no point confusing the server). If the topic is moved, I place a pointer where it had been for a couple days to redirect, then go back and unlock the topic. Missed it this time, though, so very much appreciate your keen eyes.

I've enjoyed John's account very much, and want to reply to it myself.

All the best,

Dan.

JimK

• Interdependent Science
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 10:13:03 pm »
who's your friend?
Yeah that's me. My partner can't believe that I will appear in public with those shoes! Thing is, that color was a good bit cheaper! For good reason, I suppose!

I was riding with my partner's son that day, down to New Paltz and back, mostly on rail trails. We took photos on the bridges. He took my photo at the bridge over the Esopus. Here he is on the high trestle over the Rondout, in Rosendale...

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2015, 10:16:50 pm »
Yeah that's me. My partner can't believe that I will appear in public with those shoes!
They look good to me, Jim!

Keep 'em and wear 'em proudly.

All the best,

Dan.