Author Topic: SOLD 1990's Thorn Voyager Tandem (M pilot, S stoker)  (Read 1909 times)

fast but dim

SOLD 1990's Thorn Voyager Tandem (M pilot, S stoker)
« on: May 09, 2015, 10:31:32 am »
For sale, the bike that introduced me to Thorns:

http://www.thorncycles.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=8221.0

(barbag and child not included)

Good condition for age, 26" wheels, marathon plus tyres (as new), 7 sp LX triple (new cassette / chain), Rolls saddle. Riser bars are currently fitted, but I'll include the drops in the photo, along with some flat pedals front and rear.

Built to last and lightly used, As shown it's set up for me (5' 10") and a 5' 6" pilot. I would say It's suited for someone my height or smaller, and a child from age 7 or 8 up to a 5' 6" stoker.

I've got the opportunity to buy a larger tandem that will last us longer as a family, so this is up for sale.

I am located between Preston and Wigan 2 mins from the M6. Obviously you'll have to collect, but it will fit in an estate with the rear wheel removed.

Great quality tandem that will last a lifetime!  £300
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 12:09:58 pm by fast but dim »

lewis noble

Re: 1990's Thorn Voyager Tandem (M pilot, S stoker)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 03:38:09 pm »
Good luck with the sale!!

I also have a Voyager tandem, bought new from Thorns in 2009 I think - the last dérailleur one they had before they moved over to solely Rohloff tandems.  It had a small ding in the top tube so I got it at a good price,  or rather some free upgrades.  Mine has straight bars.

We haven't used it as much as I had hoped - my wife has a much slower cadence than me (she is a rower, and for them, 35 strokes per minute is full throttle - and that translates into her pedalling!!) and she also feels I go too fast downhill on it . . . . but we have had lots of fun and build quality was excellent.

Lewis