Author Topic: My eXp Frame!!  (Read 35286 times)

Robin Thorn

• Administrator
Re: My eXp Frame!!
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2003, 09:02:32 am »
Hi
you'll need to explain! By default, the paintshop leave black frames with fewer graphics, I must admit we didn't give specific instructions either way. The downtube graphic IS in paint as we'd hoped.
We will be adding Reynolds graphics to it on building.
I need to mention here that the reason you and i are having this public debate about your bike is due to some stupidity to do with emails, SPAM, junk senders etc.
Regards, Robin

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2003, 02:06:04 pm »
Robin-

Thanks for replying.  Debate, naw... conversation!!  How can we figure out the email problem Robin??  I haven't ever heard of this before... all I can guess is something akin to it being a security issue with your browser settings, ISP or a firewall.  It's telling that we can email one another through the forum with no problems BUT cannot through our browsers email programs.  Do you employ a computer guy for your website, etc?  If so, perhaps put the question to him.

Back to the eXp... no problems explaining the model because I actually like the minimalist approach to graphics truth be told.  In my mind-this bike is ALL about purpose NOT eye candy(e.g. graphics, etc)and through "purpose" it becomes what, in fact, it is...

A work of Art!  To me fashion means dick all... but when something is purpose built/designed AND that build represents craftsmenship... then beauty, form & function become Style.  And Style=Art!!

Thanks for the work of art!!

Now, MORE pics... lose the white, generic background and let me see my baby in it's current world(with folks, shop tools, empty cups, etc behind it/around it!!).

Please??  :D

Cephas

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2003, 03:05:17 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Istanbul_Tea

Now, MORE pics... lose the white, generic background and let me see my baby in it's current world(with folks, shop tools, empty cups, etc behind it/around it!!).

Please, no. It would destroy my fantasy that my bike was built by enchanted elves with a workshop in a hollow tree.

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2003, 03:09:04 pm »
LOL, Middle Earth!!  Bilbo Thorn!

Andrew

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2003, 05:59:08 pm »

The build has started!

Andrew

hoogie

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2003, 06:17:46 pm »
Hey look, a happy worker!  Could this be one of the elves you speak of, the ones that make magical bikes happen?? and not a pointy ear in sight too!

I guess I would be happy too if I worked in a place that builds such great bikes too.

Those that 'know' bikes will instantly recognise your bike as an eXp ... those that don't instantly recognise it probably don't care about bikes anyway, so no matter how much you explain it to them it won't make any difference anyway ...

Can't wait to see the final result ... My own Nomad project is on hold at present, waiting for some important bits I ordered to arrive.

cheers,
hoogie
timaru/oamaru, new zealand
home of middle earth!

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2003, 06:30:37 pm »
WHEEE!!!

I am VERY excited!!  Who is the lucky man with that smile on his mug anyway??  Andrew is that you?

I know what Santa is bringing me for X-Mas this year!!

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2003, 06:34:16 pm »
Ah Ha!  A little searching and I've unearthed that man!!

That would be Adrian I bet!

Chris Land

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2003, 01:29:29 pm »
Just looking through this with my son and we came to the piccy of your frame.  'Ooooh, that's nice', he said.  He's only 2 1/2!

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2003, 01:38:38 pm »
Chris-

You're obviously raising a child with great and expensive tastes.  Good job!

Andrew

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2004, 01:23:26 pm »
The build-up to date...

Andrew [:)]

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2004, 01:45:08 pm »
Robin, Andrew(and of course, Adrian!)...

Can you say, "That's one bad mojo-rockin', hard knockin', sweet lookin' feet hookin' ride!"??  [;)][8D][^][:D]

Wow, I think I just pee'd myself!!

Is that the additional stem in the plastic bag sitting in the bottle cage?

You know I need 2 more pics...

1.  From the otherside-but only after the bar-ends are on.

2.  And one more pic with the Thorn crew standing next to her so I can get it converted over to a print for my Thorn eXp bike-build photo album I am creating.

Please?!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2004, 01:46:06 pm by Istanbul_Tea »

Robin Thorn

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2004, 02:13:38 pm »
Yes, that's the stems, the pedals are hanging from the bars, and i see Adrian DID select the correct tyres!
I'll see if Andrew can fit in another photoshoot, and add a picture of Andy B (our designer) Himself, and me, just to put you off @ the last minute!
By the way, where's the picture of YOU to gee us up?

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2004, 02:22:26 pm »
Adrian-being the smart man he is... knew that secretly I was a Schwable Marathon Man and that-to quote Pancho Villa-"I don't need no stinking Pasela's".

How much extra are you charging me Robin for the pink "Man-Onion's Guard" on the top tube?

You want a pic of me, ok... you asked for it.  Give me a sec to find one...

Me, upon hearing that my eXp was done and Robin telling me the price!!  j/k [;)][8D][:0]
« Last Edit: January 07, 2004, 04:39:19 pm by Istanbul_Tea »

hoogie

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2004, 12:05:25 am »
HEY!!! NOT FAIR!!!!  How come Istanbull Tea gets a Thron logo on his seatpost, and I only got a plain seapost??? [:(][:(][:(][:(]