Author Topic: Thorn Raven Sport Tour for 561L - couple of pics added  (Read 1867 times)

b1ke

Thorn Raven Sport Tour for 561L - couple of pics added
« on: December 28, 2014, 11:29:10 pm »

A shift in priorities means that I'm reluctantly selling my Raven Sport Tour. I built this up as a tourer earlier this year and have done some commuting and one 600 mile tour of northern Spain since the build. The bike is a mish mash of components and includes:

Stealth black Reynolds 853 RST frame and Reynolds 531 forks both with all the usual Thorn stainless braze-ons. Nice light frame with one dent on the underside of the downtube. This is not a deep or sharp dent and I have no reason to believe it affects the structural integrity of the frame. Generally tidy paintwork, but some marks consistent with use.

Rohloff hub built onto a Mavic rim on rear, LX hub on Mavic rim on front.

Bullhorn bars and v-brake levers. Continental touring tyres which are functional but not perfect.

Saddle and pedals not included, although if the buyer wanted to ride the bike away, I'm sure I can find some basic bits to enable this. Also not included is the luggage or racks, although this could be negotiable.

I'll post some more pics of the bike unloaded in a couple of days. This is a nice versatile touring bike which would suit riders from 6ft 1in to around 6ft 3in. The steerer is uncut to help facilitate this.

Collection only on this from the Wakefield area, although I'll take the bike to Leeds/Sheffield for a small pre-arranged fee.

Looking for offers close to £965. Thanks for looking and feel free to PM with questions.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:48:16 pm by b1ke »

Donerol

Re: Thorn Raven Sport Tour for 561L - couple of pics added
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 08:09:14 pm »
How/where have you mounted the shifter? The photos aren't large enough to see.

b1ke

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 08:43:58 pm »
How/where have you mounted the shifter? The photos aren't large enough to see.

The shifter is mounted on an extension bar, which in turn is mounted on the handlebar and points inward. Seems to work fine.

Donerol

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 09:39:35 pm »
Thanks!