Author Topic: happy new year.  (Read 5828 times)

jags

Re: happy new year.
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 01:14:43 pm »
Ah i had a great walk up by the river, way to windy and wet for cycling very mild tho. ::).

so any plans for 2015 lads like  new bikes .cycling holidays /tours/audax rides/or just plain old everyday cycling. meself i hope to get me new frameset built up loose a bit of weight get a job win the lotto sure i might as well dream here as in bed.
oh yeah i hope to get to a bushcraft festival in march not far from where i live  camp overnight meet up with a load of headcases from facebook (PREPPERS) should be a good craic.
well thats the plan anyway ,we shall see what comes about.

anto.

lewis noble

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2015, 05:48:41 pm »
I'm looking at doing one of the French veloroutes - probably Paris (or, more likely, Chartres - easier start to the journey) to Mont St Michel and St Malo. Maybe with my wife, if she is not on another ling trip to Nepal, or on own. Put veloscenic in search engine  . . .

Happy New Year and good riding everybody.

ians

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2015, 06:34:29 pm »
I'm hoping to do a trip along the Loire in the summer.

Slammin Sammy

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2015, 06:57:00 pm »
Happy New Year, everyone! It's not too late (2 January) to send my best wishes to all my fellow Thornians.

We saw in the New Year with our two oldest grandchildren (9 and 7yo) at the Newcastle fireworks watching from across the harbour in Stockton, then went for a very late ice cream  :). This was a far cry from the all-night raging of the recent past, and felt better for it the next day! We looked after them and their 22 month old sister all New Years Day, so no chance for a ride (or ANYTHING else  ;)).

Sorry to disappoint, but the weather here is glorious, if a little warm (31C). It's been summer storms north and south of us (I hope it passes by the time you reach Brisbane, John), but we've missed most of it. I need to replace a spoke this morning (yes, they're still popping!  >:(), then it's off for a mini "Tour de Hunter Valley" for the weekend.

Happy 2015 to all. I for one hope Dan's blessing of an eternal tailwind is realised for you all - it's far better than wishing for a perpetual downhill run!   ;D

Rockymountain

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2015, 07:02:18 pm »
Happy New Year everyone - good cycling for 2015

BW

Fraser

leftpoole

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2015, 10:38:43 am »
1st day of the new year i was hoping to get a good spin in today but weather is terrible so boots on and a walking i should go ;)

anto

Anto,
Build your new toy!
John

jags

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2015, 03:05:14 pm »
Can't John stone broke  ;D ;D
i have my 1000 guitar up for sale @ 500 some guy offered me 300 for it last night bloody cheek  :o
if i get it sold i will buy the Shimano 11 speed 105 groupset its really nice,mind you the wheels i have for it is 9 speed so a bit of trickery is required me thinks.
got a tough enough 30 miles done today,the guy i cycle with usually gruels me but today i turned the tables on him he wasn't a happy camper. ;D ;D

btw i've been looking but cant see it on the site but does SJS sell shimano 105 ten speed groupset?

anto