Author Topic: eBay: Raven Enduro *Kit*, Voyager der. kidback tandem  (Read 1311 times)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
eBay: Raven Enduro *Kit*, Voyager der. kidback tandem
« on: June 17, 2012, 08:46:33 pm »
None are mine.
853 Raven Enduro *Kit*. I almost hesitate to list this one, as it could go wrong in so many ways; buyer beware, use due diligence, etc. The seller is listing an unpainted bead-blasted frame that has been partially modified as well as a wide selection of components that could be used to build it up -- including a Rohloff hub he says has never been filled with oil. What went wrong with his project? Why is he selling after so much has gone into the project? Dunno. I see the hub with EX box built into one of two complete wheels with tires, a nice Brooks saddle the frame and fork, crankset and BB, disc calipers, seatpost, handlebars, stem and brake levers and what looks like a Tubus Duo front rack and a Rohloff shifter. Oh! And a Hebie ChainGlider; a "Schmidt" is mentioned in the listing title. The seller is sketchy about size and the parts are a hodgepodge of new and used, judging by appearance. This could be Opportunity knocking or the beginning of Project Bike Hell, depending.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/853-Thorn-Raven-Enduro-Rohloff-Schmidt-Tubus-low-riders-any-color-you-choose-/120933186035?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item1c282df9f3

Voyager kidback derailleur tandem. 21-sp Exage. Scratches, and I see a little rust on the bolt heads, but looks pretty good in photos. Tires look rotted. Includes fenders and toe clips/straps. Owner figures it is about 15 years old.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thorn-Voyager-Childback-Tandem-/160825726516?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item2571f5d634

Best,

Dan.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:23:36 pm by Danneaux »

brummie

Re: eBay: Raven Enduro *Kit*, Voyager der. kidback tandem
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 10:10:29 pm »
Re: Enduro Frame.

Seller also states: "all I have done so far is remove the V brake lugs & fettle the sharp edges !"
- The Enduro was never built with V- brake bosses. Disc mounts on the frame and rack bosses suggest it is not the Catalyst frame either !  ???