Author Topic: zxtz  (Read 2058 times)

Richard_P

zxtz
« on: October 17, 2005, 08:40:25 am »
Saw a rather nice bike at the Thorn stand at the cycle show on Saturday which was called a "zxtz" (I think). It was pretty light for a steel framed bike (under 20 lbs !!), but I can't find any details about it......

Anyone out there know of the bike and have any details they wish to pass on ??

jgrgilbert

Re: zxtz
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 01:37:38 pm »
I agree, it looked very nice. It was my favourite bike at the show. 700c wheels with (I think) ceramic Mavic Open Pro rims on a black Rohloff hub, straight carbon bars, carbon forks, Stronglight Vulcan carbon chainset, carbon everything else, hand built Reynolds 853 frame, red and blue paint job over frame and forks similar to the Audax 853 but sparkly. It was funny how the 700c wheels make the Rohloff hub look smaller. But at £2800 was a little expensive for me. I ordered a Raven Sport Tour instead.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 03:54:34 pm by jgrgilbert »

Richard_P

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 11:45:35 am »
I was thinking of getting a Raven Tour as well, but have yet to really make up my mind. It does seem a little expensive compared to some other bikes, as with the upgrades I want bring price up to £1800-1900 pound mark depending on whether I get dropped or straight bars.
I did take a test ride on the Thorn MTB they had in the test ring which was very nice to ride albeit over a very short course.
It's just a shame that the show was so busy as I'd like to have taken more time at the Thorn stand and discussed their bikes a bit more, but time pressed on. Still that's what forums are for....

graham

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 08:08:01 pm »
I loved the look of it, too. But we went to discuss frame sizing for our next Thorn purchase, a sport tour for the wife.
She did say she'd forego her new bike and we'd wait a bit longer so I could have a ZXTZ (or whatever it's called), bless her. But I think I'm too sensible and would only get real use out of a bike with mudguards and a rack. So I'll resist and stay happy with my Raven tour and our Raven Vitesse tandem.
Anyway, at the rate we're collecting Thorn Ravens, the insurance on them all will be costing us more than the house insurance, not a situation that I'm too keen on.

We liked the colour scheme of the cyclosportif as well. Shame it's got derailleurs.