Author Topic: Raven Tour vs. Raven Nomad  (Read 1656 times)

bick2202

Raven Tour vs. Raven Nomad
« on: June 09, 2007, 06:08:50 pm »
Hi, trying to decide which would better suit my purposes.  What are the real differences between these two bikes, besides the S&S couplings on the Nomad?  I just want a really good touring bike.  Has anyone ridden both?  How does the handling differ (loaded and unloaded)?  As I live in Canada I won't be able to test ride one before ordering.  Thanks.

stutho

• Administrator
Re: Raven Tour vs. Raven Nomad
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 02:12:38 pm »
Hi bick2202
Welcome to the list!

I haven't ridden either of these bikes so I am not the best source of info.  However looking at the spec there are some clues in the geometry of the frames.

quote:
I just want a really good touring bike.
They are both VERY HIGH QUALITY touring machines I bet you a pound to a pinch that you would actually be happy with either of them.

If you look closely you will find that that the Nomad has a slightly longer chain stay and a slightly lower bb. Both of these characteristics will increase the stability (both loaded and unloaded) of the Nomad - at the expense of manoeuvrability and maybe speed (acceleration).  Where and on what surface do you intent to tour?  Are S&S couplings any use to you?

Have a look here for a some more comments about the differences in raven models.