Author Topic: Storing my Thorn  (Read 1472 times)

neil_p

Storing my Thorn
« on: July 16, 2007, 08:32:14 am »
At the moment my Thorn lives in my hallway, but we're really short of space. So, I'd like to buy some kind of shelter/shed to go otuside in our drive.  We don't have a garage or a garden, just a strip of concrete.

I've found purpose built metal sheds on the internet, but at £400 they're very pricey.

I'm not too fussed about looks, I just want something to keep the bike dry.  I will bolt the bike to the ground, so the shelter doesn't need to keep the bike safe per se.

lardy

Re: Storing my Thorn
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 04:22:37 pm »
Look at http://www.pragmasis.com/ for things to secure your bike with. I have the Torc Anchor and some of their chains to secure my RST. They're aimed at motorbikes, but given they're similar price and my bike has emotional value you can't be too careful.

neil_p

Re: Storing my Thorn
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 01:34:49 pm »
Thanks Lardy.  With regard to the actual shed, I have answered the question myself.  I went on to shedstore.co.uk and searched for "bike".  They have two wooden sheds which can fit 2 or more bikes.  They're priced from £150 upwards and seem ideal.  I know that's a lot to spend, but in my case it's preferable to having to climb over two bikes in the tiny hallway!