Author Topic: I want one I want one I want one....  (Read 2070 times)

Golden Steed

I want one I want one I want one....
« on: October 17, 2005, 03:16:11 pm »
After seeing the Raven Sport Tour at the Cycle show at the weekend I am now totally besotted.

I am planning to sell a couple of internal organs to get hold of this beauty.  I do have one question - As a slightly heavier rider (about 16 stone) would I be putting this frame (which i gather has fairly thin walls) under too much pressure.  I would say I have a relaxed pedalling technique but I do like to get out of the saddle now and then and really hammer the pedals.

jgrgilbert

Re: I want one I want one I want one....
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 03:42:56 pm »
I think Thorn tend to err on the side of strength rather than lightness, so I don't think your weight should be an issue. Steel is very durable anyway.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 03:44:16 pm by jgrgilbert »

Golden Steed

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 03:55:23 pm »
Great - all i have to do now is sell a kidney - I really see this as  a bike that will last me a lifetime.

graham

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 07:56:18 pm »
quote:
I am planning to sell a couple of internal organs to get hold of this beauty.

Of course, if you sell enough body parts, you won't be 16 stone any more, and your weight won't be a problem.

Anyway, if you like the bike enough, and ride it enough, you won't be 16 stone for long anyway.

I wasn't overweight at 11 stone and 5'8", but after a year of cycling about 50 miles a week I was down to 9 3/4 stone. And eating a lot more. I think that must be my minimum because two years later and doing 100 miles a week on the tandem, the weight is unchanged.

hoogie

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 08:58:01 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Steed

After seeing the Raven Sport Tour at the Cycle show at the weekend I am now totally besotted.

I am planning to sell a couple of internal organs to get hold of this beauty.  I do have one question - As a slightly heavier rider (about 16 stone) would I be putting this frame (which i gather has fairly thin walls) under too much pressure.  I would say I have a relaxed pedalling technique but I do like to get out of the saddle now and then and really hammer the pedals.

I have a Nomad, and i am 16.5 stone and it handles me and all my gear with no drama ...