Author Topic: and we are back  (Read 3013 times)

jags

and we are back
« on: July 28, 2015, 03:35:38 pm »
Well done Adrian on getting the forum back up and running again ,
but man you took your time  :o
still i'll forgive you this time.

good job  ;)

jags.

JimK

• Interdependent Science
Re: and we are back
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 03:57:54 pm »
the gang's all here!

jags

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 04:04:37 pm »
Yip hope so Jim  ;)

David Simpson

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 05:10:56 pm »
Thanks to Adrian, Dan, and all the others who work behind the scenes to get this forum back up and running! I've done upgrades to production computer systems, and there are a ton of things that can go wrong (and often do). Congratulations on a successful upgrade.

- Dave

John Saxby

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 05:20:27 pm »
Greetings to all, after what seems like forever. Hope everyone's well, and David, we saw that you've had some rain at last.  Listening to the slightly apocalyptic weather reports from the West, I've been thinking of Ian Tyson's song, "Irving Berlin is a Hundred Years Old Today":  "Good God almighty, is it ever gonna rain?"

Thanks again to Adrian and Dan for their diligence.

alfie1952

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 07:06:33 pm »
Hi All, :D

Glad to see everyone getting back on line. well done Adrian and Dan.

Alfie

bikerta

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 07:57:29 pm »
So pleased to see the forum is up and running again, I have really missed all the chat that goes on here.  Looking forward to catching up on everyone's news. A year ago today, I was waiting at Euston Station ready to board the sleeper train up to Inverness for the start of my John O Groats to Lands End trip. Wish I was there now instead of trying desperately to prep some pretty grotty walls ready for painting at home.

Jackie

jags

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 08:39:16 pm »
Jackie i would have gave you a good price on that painting job  ;)
nah not really im well retired these days leave that work to the young bucks.
im hoping in the very near future to win the lottery maybe buy a new thorn bike new stomach new back  :'(,but sure if i don't well i got this far being broke and crocked .

these days i'm cycling on a tandem with my new buddy Darragh  lovely guy great musican  good craic ,he's blind from birth but doesnt fase him one bit total dare devil try anything loves speed .

ok im rambling again, anyway great to see you guys sticking around
HI ALFIE ..... ;)

JimK

• Interdependent Science
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 09:03:05 pm »
Great to hear that you and Darragh are having fun out on the tandem!

Are you playing music together too? I am trying to learn to play recorder. I have a soprano recorder. Today for the first time I hit that third C, two octaves up. Driving the whole household and neighborhood crazy with the struggle. Some gruesome sounds!

lewis noble

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 09:32:01 pm »
Good to see the Forum up and running again, and to hear news from people. 

My main news is that I no longer have the Ripio.  It is now . . . . a Sherpa!  I really was lugging too much weight around for the sort of riding I do now, and the geometry did not seem to suit my slow plods up hills.  So, the kit was swapped over by our good friend Dave Whittle onto a Sherpa (red) frame with 853 forks.  Around 2.8kg lighter than the Ripio, makes a real diffference on the hills around Sheffield.  And yes, that fork really is comfortable.

Still getting used to it, off to France in a few days time. 

Take care everyone

Lewis

(P S - the Ripio frame and forks? hanging up in my garage at present, my son has a 26" wheel bike with good (Grizzly) wheels, but not able to take his daughter to nursery on a child seat (at present she is in a cockpit type seat) together with room for kit for his ride to work.  He is a strong, hard rider, so the Ripio, with its front rack for work gear and sturdy rack for child seat, may suit him v well.  Not many bikes offer that facility now, except drop tourer types.  We'll see.  I suspect he's getting lazy and preferring the car, though . . . . .)

Swislon

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 09:33:35 pm »
Well done people.
Thought I'd go insane without my regular fix, it meant I had to keep working without a pause.
No fun in that!

Steve

jags

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 10:14:16 pm »
Great to hear that you and Darragh are having fun out on the tandem!

Are you playing music together too? I am trying to learn to play recorder. I have a soprano recorder. Today for the first time I hit that third C, two octaves up. Driving the whole household and neighborhood crazy with the struggle. Some gruesome sounds!
Hi Jim ,nah darragh is light years ahead of me when it comes to playing music he playes the Uillean pipes and whistle ,i wasn't to bad on the guitar Strummer but when the sessions broke up 10 years ago i stopped playing,still have my sons guitar here he now lives in Sanfran cisco maybe i shouls start strumming again.
yes enjoying the tandem  big sping weekends 90km 40km  twice a week if my stomach isn't acting up.im a feckin wreck  ;D
anyway keep at it nice to be able to play a few tunes.

anto.