Author Topic: Rohloff thread on CTC Forum  (Read 4087 times)

Hamish

Rohloff thread on CTC Forum
« on: May 10, 2007, 11:53:38 pm »
As someone who has ordered a Catalyst as a do everything bike I was wondering what people here have to say about some of the stuff being said http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3747&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30  

I am not put off by the comments but I thought it worth asking.

Hamish

john28july

Re: Rohloff thread on CTC Forum
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 08:03:14 am »
I have posted a suitable response on the CTC Forum for you to read. Enjoy your Rohloff.
John.
www.pbase.com/john28july

lewisnoble

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 10:06:59 am »
Everyone gets very passionate about their point of view and convinced that they are right.

I much prefer riding with the Rohloff, and am most unlikely to go back to D/R.  And the Catalyst looks a lovely bike.

Hamish

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 11:50:54 pm »
Well my Catalyst arrived.  I have taken it for a quick spin, about 10 miles or so, and I really like it.  

The hub isn't noisy- there is a whirring noise/feel in the lower 7 but that's fine.  I live in Gower where ther are loads of short sharp hills between flat roads so most of the time I'm in the higher 7.  The bike looks fantastic- it's red, and the stem spacer thing everyone goes on about is a non issue.

I probably could have ordered a Raven Tour but the Catalyst will do most things even if it is set up as a road bike right now.  I believe Thorn are about to discontinue this bike and I have one of the last few large frames.

stutho

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 04:42:09 pm »
I'll look out for a Catalyst on Cefn Bryn  (I live in Reynoldston)

Hamish

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 12:32:18 am »
I live in Oxwich Green- I'm sure I'll bump into you on the road round here.  At the moment I work in Llandarcy and mix cycling the whole way with driving to Bish or the Mayals and cycling from there.

graham

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 09:47:27 pm »
We regularly ride with our local CTC section, and some interesting trends are apparent.

Probably getting on for 20% of the bikes are Thorns. The biggest single group to be seen, in fact.
There are several Ravens. A couple currently have a Raven adventure tandem on order. Probably partly as a result of seeing our Raven Vitesse.
90% of the riders have Schmidt dynohubs.
Although SPD was originally conceived as a mountain bike cleat, 80% of our lot use them for touring.

What a few people say on a forum may not be borne out by fact in the real world.