Author Topic: Pumps & RST  (Read 15000 times)

Joatamon

Re: Pumps & RST
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 01:49:06 pm »
Hi Swislon

The rack is a Topeak Super Tourist.  I think there are a number of Topeak bags that slide along the rail and clip on - I like the way I can release the bag in a second.

Swislon

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2006, 02:11:25 pm »
Thanks Joatamon, I'm using a Blackburn Mtn rack at the moment, but I like the look of yours and also like Topeak bags.

Relayer

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 10:01:29 am »
Resurrecting an old thread, I too lament the lack of a peg to put a Zefal HpX pump on the frame of my RST.

I have used a Blackburn mini-pump for some time which inflates tyres well enough, but being so short and with the direct-fit to the valve it seems harder to hold it steady while pumping (compared to a full size HpX) therefore I suspect it puts undue stress on the valve and could potentially damage the valve connection on the tube if due care isn't applied to the process.

So, about a year or so ago I saw this review:-

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/tools/cycling-tools/mini-pump/product/review-lezyne-micro-floor-drive-hp-pump11-45235

I was impressed by the notion that the tube eliminates pressure on the valve and bought the version with the built-in gauge.  While it may be a tad large to affix to a bottle cage mount it sits fine in my saddle bag.  This is the first and as yet only Lezyne (Engineered Design!) product I have ever owned and it is indeed an impressive piece of kit,  It worked well when I tested it, I haven't used it in anger yet and hopefully I won't have to use it much in future.

I note from this thread that Julian beat me to the mini track pump route by a few years, it's a pity I hadn't spotted that sooner.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:15:36 am by Relayer »

jags

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 11:11:06 am »
I have the Turbo Morph Mountain version which has a top mounted gauge, but otherwise looks the same as the Road version. It fits in a pannier or on the supplied frame mounted clip (bolton or ziptie). It is an excellent pump and handles just like a small track pump - you have to bend lower than with a normal pump to keep the footrest at floor level. Recommended.
Julk where did you buy that pump. ;)

Paul S

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 11:23:31 am »
I also Have the Turbo Morph.
I got mine from SJS.

Cheers,

Paul.
Peddle Power = Will Power...... & the right gears.

jags

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 11:38:48 am »
thanks paul.

julk

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 02:50:44 pm »
jags,
me too, bought from SJS with my first Thorn bike,
seem to get most of my cycling goodies from them…
julian.

jags

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 03:25:51 pm »
thanks  julk yeah me too but chainreactions does have some great deals at times and free postage  ;)