Author Topic: Audax Classic on the South Downs  (Read 3220 times)

Joe B

Audax Classic on the South Downs
« on: February 03, 2011, 04:06:44 pm »
Finaly got out for a proper ride on the Audax Classic after its powder coat and rebuild.
Terrific bike, all I need to do now is contact the good folk in Bridgewater about some badges and details.

julk

Re: Audax Classic on the South Downs
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 05:44:42 pm »
Looks good, like the colour.

Wot no snow!

Blacksail

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 07:34:38 pm »
Joe, if you are wondering where you left your gloves they are on top of the sign post...

freddered

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 08:51:40 pm »
Fron triangulating your position using the signpost distances I'd say you were at Westend Down.

Map

Have you ever done any Audaxes?  Some of the Denmead rides go right past there.

Nice classic bike btw.

Joe B

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 08:19:18 pm »
You got the location spot on. I entered the Damead 200km last month but had to drop out at short notice when the other half ended up doing a weekend shift meaning I had the little'ens. Hopefully I'll be able to do the next Audax on the Downs.
I was back out that way yesterday with the little fella and wife, not on the Thorn though but my old Trek.

freddered

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 11:01:26 am »
I'll be out on Saturday doing a solo Audax which goes near there as it drops down from Beacon Hill, Corehampton and then into Swanmore (and then over to Amesbury via Romsey).  Keep your eyes peeled for a Bianchi-coloured Single-speed.

Joe B

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 08:56:42 pm »
I'll be out on Saturday doing a solo Audax which goes near there as it drops down from Beacon Hill, Corehampton and then into Swanmore (and then over to Amesbury via Romsey).  Keep your eyes peeled for a Bianchi-coloured Single-speed.

I managed to get in 32 miles up on the downs today, again though not on the Thorn but my old mountain bike and the little guy for company.
I was wanting to enter the Denmead 200k on the 12 March but the wife has just found that she is working that weekend. I think I’ll end up doing as you just have, riding it as a ‘DIY’ solo before I move to the west country in May.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:59:13 pm by Joe B »