Author Topic: wanted to say a little hello  (Read 2489 times)

gabrido55

wanted to say a little hello
« on: December 30, 2010, 01:57:31 pm »
hey guys, i actually joined a while ago but i got so busy in the run up to xmas so now i am back and ready to get stuck in. i wanted to upload a photo of my bike but i dont really know how just yet, so i will work on that and get back to you when i can!!
really looking forward to chatting to some of you

expr

Re: wanted to say a little hello
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 02:04:45 pm »
Hey pal, how are you doing, hope you had a good Christmas. welcome to the forum. There is loads of information and help within the topics.

With regards to the picture, sometimes its easier to link it to a photo hosting website like photobox etc and use the direct link.

There are some really great people on here with good ideas hope you have a good time.

Regards

Dave.

peter jenkins

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 03:27:33 am »
Hi Dave,

You're right about there being a mountain of information available here.

I subscribe to a forum for Moulton owners and they have a weekend get together every year at Bradford on Avon. They camp in the grounds of Dr. Moulton's stately pile and have bring and buy/swap stalls, local rides and a dinner, amongst other activities. I have never been to one but it sounds terrific.

It's probably a daft idea but wouldn't a Thorn weekend be worth considering?

We could talk for hours and swap ideas about Ripio sizing, Rohloff vs Campag Super Record, how to carry 45 KG's of essential touring equipment over the Andes and PBP on a Raven.

Just a thought......

pj

expr

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 10:27:39 am »
my wife would take you up on that right now i think, her sister has gone out to Bondi junction with her partner to work and wants to go out to visit.

Do you have a moulton, I was looking at the stainless steel ones before the thorn.

brummie

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 06:32:59 pm »

I subscribe to a forum for Moulton owners and they have a weekend get together every year at Bradford on Avon. They camp in the grounds of Dr. Moulton's stately pile and have bring and buy/swap stalls, local rides and a dinner, amongst other activities. I have never been to one but it sounds terrific.

It's probably a daft idea but wouldn't a Thorn weekend be worth considering?

We could talk for hours and swap ideas about Ripio sizing, Rohloff vs Campag Super Record, how to carry 45 KG's of essential touring equipment over the Andes and PBP on a Raven.

I'm not sure if Mr Thorn would allow us all to camp in the grounds of his stately home...

peter jenkins

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 12:02:44 pm »
my wife would take you up on that right now i think, her sister has gone out to Bondi junction with her partner to work and wants to go out to visit.

Do you have a moulton, I was looking at the stainless steel ones before the thorn.

Hi Dave,

Yes... I bought a TSR30 in May 2009. Not as flash as the Stainless models, but I think it's very nice. It's supremely comfortable and I've ridden it on a couple of shorter Audax rides. (up to 150 KM). I made the mistake of buying the flat bar version and have just converted it to drop bars as I found the flat bars just didn't offer enough variety of positions after about 3 hours. I do find myself riding it more often than my other bikes with exception of the Thorn, which I commute on. I'm looking to visit the UK in May and will hopefully do the Way of the Roses ride http://www.wayoftheroses.info/
with our daughter and son in law who live in Bicester. I am beginning to think seriously about which bike to bring. The Thorn (Club Tour) is an ideal touring bike, but so is the TSR, and it separates into 2 halves for ease of transport.....

Cheers,

pj