Author Topic: noise on a Rohloff  (Read 9050 times)

cpo

Re: noise on a Rohloff
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 07:22:01 pm »
This is my first post,I wish to reply to roberts comments with regard to 'rubbing'. I have just purchased a raven sport tour which I find fast, comfortable and ugly,[:D] I'm having a great time putting the miles in when I can, however when I increase the cadence or power particularly on short steep climbs I to experience a 'rubbing' that can be felt through my feet. I have ridden fixed wheel in the past and have felt a similar sensation when the chain line isnt straight or there is a flex on the chainset, or it could be the hub bedding in, just going to keep on riding to see what happens. Maybe it doesn't like a fast spinning style until its had a few more miles on it.

robertJ

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2005, 12:08:44 pm »
Thanks CPO, Do you think that's the best policy then - just keep riding? Anyone else have any thoughts?

cpo

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2005, 09:29:08 pm »
Well Robert when I can get the bike into a workshop I intend checking the chain line and the tightness of bottom bracket etc. I think only then can I point to the hub and say thats the culprit and I think it may well be the hub. Looking at the rest of the comments on the forum every one states it gets better with use. I believe its one of those pieces of technology you come to a comprimise with changing your riding style slightly to gain the reliability. I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer than that and can only agree with your observations.

robertJ

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2005, 12:19:21 pm »
I think my main consideration was concern that I might be damaging some components but, as you say, the consensus is that it gets better with time (like all of us...). A friend suggested it might just need an application of grease! Happy riding.