Author Topic: Thorn Raven Tour - = SOLD ==  (Read 11294 times)

SlowHandLew

Re: Thorn Raven Tour - For Sale
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 01:55:08 pm »
Hi I sent you a PM about this. Not sure it got through though. I am interested in coming an have a look at your bike. Whereabouts are you exactly?

Lewis

freddered

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 01:39:00 pm »
Replied with my Text number.

Bike is in Andover, North West Hampshire.

freddered

Re: Thorn Raven Tour - For Sale (REDUCED)
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2016, 03:06:49 pm »
Reducing price to £1200 ono.

Well, I've thought long and hard about this but situations change and my cycling has changed, making my beloved Raven Tour somewhat redundant for a while.

For a history and description of my bike see my extensive gallery ... http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1282.0

It's seen a fair few miles but it's never missed a gear-change.

It's a 537S Frame.  I'm 5'10" and I think, with different Stems, would be fine for 5'8" - 5'11".

It has 43x17 Gearing giving a range of 19"-100" (it will haul anything up anywhere without being too "spinny" on downhills.).

Front and rear racks are both Tubus.

Brakes are uprated to the amazing Avid Ultimates (they really are the best V-Brakes).

Wheels are SUN CR18

Dynamo is a SON, powering a B&M CYO front light.

Saddle is NOT included (but I can throw one on if you like).  Pedals ARE included if you want SPDs.

Pump is a Zefal HPX.

Tyres  - Schwalbe Marathon 1.5"

Price - £1200 or close offer gets it but it needs collecting, from Hampshire, UK. 

I insist you try it for size and condition before you part with any money.

I'd estimate it's new price, with the accessories I've fitted, to be £2500.  The hub alone is over £1000.

Think about it for a while but not too long, I fully expect the exchange rate calamity to further increase the value of these bikes at some point..

freddered

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2016, 04:25:15 pm »
Dropping price to £1000.  No offers and with a Blackburn rear rack, not the Tubus and no pedals.  Nothing at all wrong with Blackburn item, the Tubus just fits my luggage setup perfectly.

£1000.  Buyer collects.  No offers. Basically the same price as a Rohloff Hub with a free bike attached.

jags

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2016, 06:28:07 pm »
Fred don't sell you will regret it ,been there done that  :'(
the 1000 u get for it will last  about 4 seconds .when it's gone it's gone.

sure hope u change your mind.

jags.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2016, 06:32:38 pm »
Fred,

I can't understand why it hasn't gone in a blink. If it were different size and I didn't have the horrendous shipping cost to the upper-left corner of 'Merka, I'd be tempted myself. Lovely machine.

All the best,

Dan.

Neil Jones

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2016, 06:54:08 pm »
Agreed, this was a bargain before, now it's a steal. I can't believe your bike hasn't been snapped up. Someone is going to get an amazing bike at a great price.

Good luck Fred,

Neil

SotonBiker

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2016, 06:37:07 pm »
I'm interested.  I could come and have a look / test ride  / buy it if that goes well this coming week.  Can you message me if it's still available?

humedavid

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2016, 09:28:12 pm »
I wonder what the measurements of this bike are? I'm the same height as you.  I was recommended the 565L, which was too long a reach with straight bars on.
This size is not in the brochure anymore.

Very nice and good bargain BTW.

macspud

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2016, 04:23:08 am »
humedavid,
Going by your stated size 565L that is a Thorn Raven, it's the current Thorn model which is kind of half way between two prior Thorn models, that of the Thorn Raven Tour and the Thorn Raven Sport Tour.
freddered's bike is a Thorn Raven Tour 537S info and dimensions of which can be seen in the brochure here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20070818182847/http://www.thorncycles.co.uk/thornpdf/ThornRavenTourBroHiRes.pdf

humedavid

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2016, 11:37:02 am »
humedavid,
Going by your stated size 565L that is a Thorn Raven, it's the current Thorn model which is kind of half way between two prior Thorn models, that of the Thorn Raven Tour and the Thorn Raven Sport Tour.
freddered's bike is a Thorn Raven Tour 537S info and dimensions of which can be seen in the brochure here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20070818182847/http://www.thorncycles.co.uk/thornpdf/ThornRavenTourBroHiRes.pdf
That's very helpful, thank you macspud

RichStone16

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2016, 02:42:38 pm »
I'm also interested if it's still available.  Just tried to PM  you, hopefully you got it.

freddered

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2016, 02:06:02 pm »
Just returned from a camping weekend.  PM's sent to interested parties.

humedavid

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2016, 08:08:56 pm »
Just messaged you via Gumtree

jags

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2016, 11:13:51 pm »
go on tell us did u buy. 8)