Author Topic: Recommended Cycle Touring Pedals  (Read 10652 times)

geocycle

Re: Recommended Cycle Touring Pedals
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 08:47:34 am »
I think this thread demonstrates a lack of consensus regarding pedals!  For what it's worth I'm with Julk and really like the XT PD T780s which are brilliant apart from the lack of spanner fitting.

David Simpson

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2016, 05:40:19 pm »
I think this thread demonstrates a lack of consensus regarding pedals!

I agree. The 3 areas where the body contacts the bike (saddle, handlebar, pedals) are very personal. Each person has his/her own riding style, body shape and size, and personal preferences. I think the best advice for these 3 areas is to find out what other people like (and more importantly, why they like it) and then experiment until you find what fits you the best. You may find that what is popular and "in style" is not what you like the best.

The same also applies to cycling clothing and shoes.

- DaveS

StuntPilot

• Tour on a Bike
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2016, 11:05:44 am »
Agree with that Dave. I am very happy with the Brooks B17 Select (very comfortable after many kms) and very happy with the Thorn Comfort bars and Ergon GP1 grips (never any numbness of stiffness in arms, hands or wrists) ... but only happy with the Shimano PD-M324 pedals as I feel I need a larger platform and want to experiment with Powergrips to see if they are for me.

Dan - I will see how the Powergrips go. Maybe not for everyone as you say but I too have found many positive reviews on-line.

Thanks all for the other pedal suggestions and your experiences. Some good pedals out there!

macspud

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2016, 05:11:51 am »
Yes Alfie - I did see those. Look good also. I don't think they will take the Powergrip straps though.

StuntPilot, As far as I know, you can use powergrip straps with them.

I just wish there was a super-quick way to adjust the tension (maybe a future design with velcro or a buckle?).

Dan, have you looked at Powergrip Fat Straps?

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2016, 07:57:18 am »
Dan, have you looked at Powergrip Fat Straps?
Thanks for the suggestion, Mac'! My efforts with original PowerGrips predated the FatGrips, so I had not explored this later option. These look as if they might prove more viable for my Folder Project and I will look into them further.

All the best,

Dan.