Author Topic: is a stand worth the efford  (Read 2535 times)

jags

is a stand worth the efford
« on: May 19, 2008, 10:48:16 pm »
im kinda thinking of fitting a stand to my sherpa,is this a worthwhile project or am i mental
even thinking such thoughts anybody got any thoughts on this  if so please reccommend a really good stand thanks

pdamm

Re: is a stand worth the efford
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 08:51:04 am »
Jags

I am a recent convert to a click-stand.

http://www.click-stand.com/

The guy there is really helpful and my bike feels very stable and secure both loaded and unloaded and on any sort of gradient.  The brake bands that come with it actually do most of the work - sort of like a hand brake for you bike.  Resting against a pole or tree with the brake-bands on also works really well, if there is no convenient pole or tree you just get out the segmented “stand” and you are done.

Peter

Cake

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 01:00:43 pm »
Jags,

I can also vouch for this stand, having one myself.  As Pdamm says, the bands do most of the work and i use them even if there is a convenient leaning post - the bike stays very solid and secure.

Thoroughly recommended!

Gary

jags

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 06:13:19 pm »
thanks lads i was looking at that stand before but taught it was just a gimmic .
did you order from them what is the service like,thanks

Cake

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 07:12:25 pm »
I found them very professional and personable.  When i placed my order the chap was at a show, but his wife replied to my e-mail and acknowledged it etc.  The order placing is not as complicated as it seems and the stand itself arrived when i was told it would.

All in all, very straight forward!

jags

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 09:30:35 pm »
cake thanks for that maby ill give them a go ,the stand looks very neat so it might be just what im after thanks again..