Author Topic: Rohloff Child back tandem for sale - top spec - - scarcely used - S&S couplings  (Read 1960 times)

marcg

I haven't listed this on eBay or anywhere yet but I am flagging it up here for the moment.

I have posted an ad on Gumtree with photos - http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/thorn-rohloff-child-back-tandem-for-sale-top-spec-scarcely-used-ss-couplings/1025662273#photo-content
I have a Yellow Thorn child-back Rohloff tandem for sale.
It has S&S couplings so you can dismantle it and stow it in a car (large car!) or get it on a train etc.

Ceramic rims
VP 955 resin bodied / steel cage pedals black
VP alloy platform pedal set inc toe clips and straps with front and rear reflectors
MKS chrome steel toe clips SMALL
Blackburn EX-1+ rear rack black
32h Mavic EX 721 26in (ATB) (559 x 21) Ceramic rim
CERAMIC RIM UPGRADE EX721
Thorn Raven Twin Tandem brochure (Rohloff hub gear equipped) available JULY 2005

Shimano LX M570 v brake rear
Shimano Deore BL-M510 V-brake levers SILVER
LX V-BRAKE / DEORE LEVER UPGRADE
32h OEM ONLY Rohloff Speedhub 500/14 CC Black SOLO 14spd gearhub
SJSC MK2 silver alloy Comfort bars - 18deg bend high rise 25.4mm clamp diameter
HUMPERT 120 -10 / +40DEG SILVER ADJUSTABLE FRONT LOADING STEM
Pair Thorn triple solo alloy crankset length 150
Pair Thorn triple solo alloy crankset length 170
Size 1 S/XXS Thorn Raven Dynamic Childback Tandem frameset S+S Intense Yellow Gloss
Velo Junior black road saddle
SKS chromoplastic 700c / 27in mudguards black 45
26 x 1.75 (42-559) Panaracer Pasela Tour Guard rigid tyre Aramid casing
26x1.5-2.5 (40-62x559) normal length presta valve Schwalbe SV13 butyl inner tube
Vapor mens gel saddle

Post Moderne shim to fit a 27.2mm seat post to a 29.6mm frame tube

I had some spare money at the time so the bike was top spec.

It really hasn't been used very much - less then 300 miles.  It has had 3 annual oil changes but hasn't been used for the last 3 years.

I don't know if the tyres need replacing because of age and lack of use.

It has a couple of very small nicks which need a bit of pin-point cleaning up and touch-up.

It has been great fun with my kids - but it was overkill, probably and now the kids are too big for it.

My children were very comfortable on it when they were 6 years old.

If anyone wants to talk to me about it, please respond to this post.  The bike is in North London and you can view it.  I could get it couriered to any part of the country if someone wanted to buy it on the basis of the description.
I can take photos and send them to anyone who is interested

It seems to be the same model as the "large and Small" one - same colour too - as featured on page 19 of this brochure http://www.sjscycles.com/thornpdf/ThornRavenTwinBroHiRes.pdf

« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:05:08 pm by marcg »