Author Topic: What colour??? Limited stock!  (Read 9876 times)

leftpoole

What colour??? Limited stock!
« on: March 11, 2013, 12:16:51 pm »
Hello all,
I am so pleased with my Mk 3 Audax bike that I want to build myself another! Yes I think I need two. One for summer with lighter specification components and another (the one I already have) with Dynamo hub lighting etc for Winter.
Limited stocks until late May. Not a person who likes to wait!
Colour choice frameset my size are in :- Pink/Matt Black/ Tonka Yellow.
I cannot really say that I like yellow, I am uncertain about matt black and favoured at present is the pink for some reason.
I know black components would help tone down any colour but what do YOU think?
Answers please ASAP of course.
PS its snowed today here in sunny Dorset 1 mile from the sea....
John

honesty

Re: What colour??? Limited stock!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 12:24:55 pm »
I was so tempted with tonka yellow when I ordered mine. In fact I think the only reason I didn't have one is that they didn't have a frame in the right size in stock. Second choice of those would have to be black. I rather like the idea of a stealth bike, with black frame, groupset, rims, spokes, etc. only silver showing would be the chain.

SPARSONS

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 06:00:18 pm »
I saw a stealthy build with black frame and all black components which looked tidy.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 06:08:24 pm »
Hi John!

Go for the pink. It is different, distinctive, and will stand out. Suitable for summer months as well. I recently saw a local racer's pink-framed bike, done up with black componentry; the effect was striking -- really outstanding.

I see your Brompton was pink, so that leaves a hole for the color in your stable. Time to fill it!

Best,

Dan. (...who wore his pink-and-blue Polti Lamballe jersey when touring Europe and received many compliments as a result)

Andybg

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 06:31:42 pm »
My money is on the Tonka yellow but that may just be me

Andy

ianshearin

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 07:24:39 pm »
I vote for Pink frame and black everything else.
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
'shing xiong'

brummie

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 08:11:01 pm »
How about Pink with clashing "hot" colours eg. Orange bar tape, Yellow cables, Ritchey Wet Red seatpost & stem..topped off with a not so "hot" Turquoise Brooks Colt?

leftpoole

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 08:13:26 pm »
Hi mfolks,
I am interested in the answers as it shows diversity which surprises me. I expected most to go for the matt black but it seems no concisive answer. Maybe I will stick to the wait until late May. There is a delivery which includes the colour which replaces the Green (a shame as I would have liked Green), it is a Gunmetal colour. Not black but not my choice either really. I really wanted another blue or possible the red.
John.....................

jags

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 08:14:24 pm »
BLACK, for god sake stay away from pink that colour is great if your an italian stud  ::)

leftpoole

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 08:15:19 pm »
How about Pink with clashing "hot" colours eg. Orange bar tape, Yellow cables, Ritchey Wet Red seatpost & stem..topped off with a not so "hot" Turquoise Brooks Colt?

Oh golly! How revolting! (sorry). I go for black bar tape every time. The only other choice from a black saddle too is a honey colour saddle. I like a clean looking quality look.
Sorry again, you were serious were you?
John

leftpoole

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 08:17:50 pm »
BLACK, for god sake stay away from pink that colour is great if your an italian stud  ::)

Italian stud? Food for thought.
I must admit I never had any really comments about the pink Brompton except kids (teenagers and young ones at that) other grown up people liked it. But I just feel like Jags that it is a bit not, manly? Maybe the Black or yellow but I am not keen on either when it comes to the crunch.
John

brummie

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 08:58:41 pm »
Oh golly! How revolting! (sorry). I go for black bar tape every time. The only other choice from a black saddle too is a honey colour saddle. I like a clean looking quality look.
Sorry again, you were serious were you?
John

Yes i was - Kind of like the idea ! Also like Blues & Greens together too...

jags

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 10:00:58 pm »
John matt black is a fantastic colour (If you can call black a colour  ::)
tan brooks saddle and bartape /gold chain /brass bell /black rims stainless spokes.
man you would be the bell of the ball. ;)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 10:03:16 pm »
What jags said...kind of the old John Player Special livery Lotus used back in the day when racing in F-1.

Best,

Dan. (...Black 'n' gold...hard to beat, and class, class, classy!)

jags

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 10:09:12 pm »
Dan do you find it hard to clean the  nomad it being a matt black.
myself i love a high gloss paint job i would spend hours cleaning and polishng my sherpa ,
i know i know i'm a sad person but what can i say. ::) ;D