Author Topic: My eXp Frame!!  (Read 35661 times)

Istanbul_Tea

Re: My eXp Frame!!
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2004, 02:04:17 am »
Hoogie-

Probably because I am a distant relation of Robin's... my moms great aunts uncles third nephew twice removed was Robin's dads uncles sisters first cousin on his stepdads third wifes second nephews side.

See, it PAYS to have connections!

Seriously though... maybe it's because of having the eXp made for me which costs a bit more, or perhaps they had none the day yours was shipped out to you, or perhaps yours fell off somewhere over Europe and there is a smallish European man-child running around screaming, "Mummy, I'm blind, I'm blind!!!!!" because your Thorn seatpost logo fell from the plane directly onto both his eyes.  Lets hope that the Thorn's ran out as the final scenario chills me to the bone with sadness and vague feelings of, "Why OH Why Dear Lord MUST THE CHILDREN SUFFER?!?!"

BTW Hoogie... Thanks for all the amazing comments and appreciative "Ooooooh's" and Ahhhhhh's" about my eXp.  Glad the Thorn seatpost logo was just an aside on your behalf.  BOINK  [:0][B)][^]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 02:06:19 am by Istanbul_Tea »

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2004, 02:09:24 am »
Also... maybe you need to call Robin about this.  As I re-read your post I see that we may be talking about a different item... I assumed you were talking about a Thorn seatpost logo when in fact I NOW see that you're inquiring about a-

Thron Seapost.

I feel a little angry myself now...

Robin, where the &*$#%%@&@&@%^!%%@&*&*# is MY Thron Seapost as well?!?!?!  I paid for one, I want it!  NOW!  [^][:D][8D][;)]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 02:10:26 am by Istanbul_Tea »

Robin Thorn

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2004, 10:10:37 am »
fitted to the frame as shown in the picture.
I've not been following this so excuse me if i missed something!

hoogie

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2004, 01:36:57 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Robin Thorn

fitted to the frame as shown in the picture.
I've not been following this so excuse me if i missed something!

Is Ok ... I was just grizzling that the seatpost that was with my Thorn Nomad didn't have a Thorn logo on it when i got it ... [:(][:(][:(][:(]

femmcommuter

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2004, 10:53:47 pm »
Hi guys

Hoogie - I have a seat post with THORN logo stamped on it, but its not my other one, [xx(] and Istanbul Tea - I think that is my NOMAD just creeping into the picture frame awaiting collection, because it has black handlebar stem thingy and handlebar ends (cowhorn like thingies) You can tell i am very technical[;)]

Mario

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2004, 11:26:03 pm »
IS there a difference between a THRON seapost and a THORN seatpost. I presume that one of them is the one with the very small saddle?!

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2004, 12:30:15 am »
Or perhaps a small sail?

hoogie

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2004, 07:29:27 am »
Or maybe just one Kiwi with computer problems ... worked it out to be PEBKAC ...
Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

BUT!!! I still don't have a THORN logo on my seatpost though[:(]

have solved the front deraileur issues on the NOMAD though

cheers,
hoogie
timaru/oamaru, new zealand
http://cycletouring.iscool.net

Cephas

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2004, 02:52:45 pm »
Cephas
quote:
Originally posted by hoogie
I still don't have a THORN logo on my seatpost though[:(]

Hoogie, I didn't order one in '02 with my Nomad frame, so I'm totaly out of luck. (But I get a stem with the logo.) Is the Thorn seat post something new? I see that over at the on-line shop there is "No Image Available Yet". In desperation, you could print this page, clip out the logo at the top and glue it on.

And to I-Tea: Any word on a delivery date?

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2004, 05:25:42 pm »
"And to I-Tea: Any word on a delivery date?"

Nope, waiting for a call from Robin & Andy about a sizing issue.  Guess they went on Holiday!

hoogie

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2004, 05:40:24 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Istanbul_Tea

"And to I-Tea: Any word on a delivery date?"

Nope, waiting for a call from Robin & Andy about a sizing issue.  Guess they went on Holiday!

Hey I_T, any word on your new eXp??? or are you too busy out there playing with it??? [:)]

Have been racking up a few miles on my Nomad ... am very happy with it indeed ... althoughI do need some better racks and some mudguards!

cheers, hoogie
timaru/oamaru, new zealand

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2004, 06:35:08 pm »
Hoogie-

Unfortunately I've had to delay the eXp delivery as it seems the Taxman (read- I.R.S.) has taken dispute with our taxes for the last year and-apparently-we owe them additional funds.

Robin & Co. know about this and have graciously delayed my taking receipt of the eXp for the time being.

Cephas

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2004, 09:15:44 pm »
That'll teach you not to declare bicycles as dependents. Even if they do have names.

Hang in there.

James

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2004, 07:04:52 am »
quote:

Hoogie-

Unfortunately I've had to delay the eXp delivery as it seems the Taxman (read- I.R.S.) has taken dispute with our taxes for the last year and-apparently-we owe them additional funds.

That's a new one[}:)]

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2004, 05:08:15 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by James

quote:

Hoogie-

That's a new one[}:)]

What's new about the Govt. f**king something up?