Author Topic: RST in the Ardeche, Gard, Lozere & Tarn - France  (Read 7133 times)

Fred A-M

Re: RST in the Ardeche, Gard, Lozere & Tarn - France
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 08:30:44 pm »
Welcome back Jags,

Back on topic, how did your own trip go?  I had become concerned that your absence signified something untoward happening on your own French tour as I was aware you would have returned at roughly the same time as myself.

How was it?  Look forward to hearing about the highs and lows!

No camping on my last tour, but v much looking forward to earlier mentioned stint in the Limousin and beyond in 3 weeks time for which I will be taking a tent, now that I'm fully kitted out pannier/rack-wise!   

jags

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 11:55:39 pm »
hi fred sorry i diden't get back sooner,well my tour turned out to be a bit of a disaster.mainly because one of the lads had a very bad accident on day three up until that all was going fairly well.
basically he hit a pothole came down very heavy  totally wrote his bike off (should have bought a thorn)and done himself a lot of damage poor sod.well he ended up in hospital there were brilliant as were  the local's who helped us out big time.
well it went belly up from there on and the monsoon rain dident help.
so basically we cut the rest of the tour short and headed home.
i put a report of the nearly tour up on the fellclub site explains things a bit better.

Fred A-M

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 10:15:09 am »
What bad luck Jags, hope your friend is OK now and hope that this doesn't deter you from similar ventures in the future and getting the most from your bike.