Author Topic: Thorn Model Brochure *Historical Archive*  (Read 57246 times)

macspud

Re: Thorn Model Brochure *Historical Archive*
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 06:43:30 pm »
Hi,  alas I can't get any of these pdf files to open either in my browser or as a download (states they are 0kb file size). 

Possibly a comparability issue with uptodate reader???

If anyone can help be much appreciated; wanted to look at Thorn Raven Sport info.

Thanks, Tim

Hi Tim

I have emailed you a copy of the brochure pdf file, hopefully it will work.

Cheers
Iain

MartinC

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2015, 10:53:46 am »
Hi,  alas I can't get any of these pdf files to open either in my browser or as a download (states they are 0kb file size). 

Possibly a comparability issue with uptodate reader???

If anyone can help be much appreciated; wanted to look at Thorn Raven Sport info.

Thanks, Tim

Hi, I'm looking for an RST brochure too, any chance you could post one for me please?

Hi Tim

I have emailed you a copy of the brochure pdf file, hopefully it will work.

Cheers
Iain

Bill C

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 09:44:11 pm »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2016, 08:28:43 pm »
Alternative server for RAVEN SPORT TOUR as of 31Dec2016: http://web.archive.org/web/20091229040217/http://www.sjscycles.com/thornpdf/ThornRavenSportTourBroHiRes.pdf

I would have added this edit to the initial entry, but the software limits post size and that is at the limit.

The Internet Wayback Machine's servers sometimes go down for extended periods. If you can't find a given brochure at the links I listed, check to see if you can download one from another snapshot date, as different snapshots are stored in different servers. When you find the reference you want, it is best to download the PDF to your desktop, as there's no telling when a given server will go offline and the reference can be unreachable for some time.

All the best,

Dan.

lewis noble

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2017, 12:47:26 am »
Thanks for this Dan, and for all the Forum work you have done in the background in 2016. You have guided a lot of people to the info they were looking for, as well as helping with often complex technical cycle issues.

Best wishes for 2017 to you, and to all members.

Lewis - Sheffield U K

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2017, 01:31:32 am »
Thanks so much for the kind words, Lewis; they mean a great deal.  :)

Best wishes  to you and all on the Forum for a happy, healthy, and enjoyable 2017.

All the best,

Dan.

loh

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2017, 08:27:45 pm »
Thanks for collating all of this information, it's been a really useful resource.

Perhaps I've missed it, but has anyone posted a time series showing the different frames that Thorn have produced along with their approximate lifespans. I was also wondering if anyone had any information on the frame numbering schemes used on the bottom brackets and how this has changed (e.g. can this easily be used to date frame).

Cheers.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2017, 04:32:58 am »
Thanks for collating all of this information, it's been a really useful resource.
You're welcome!  :)
has anyone posted a time series showing the different frames that Thorn have produced along with their approximate lifespans.
No, not yet.
I was also wondering if anyone had any information on the frame numbering schemes used on the bottom brackets and how this has changed (e.g. can this easily be used to date frame).
Frame size is included in each serial, but beyond that, I don't know the numbering scheme. Perhaps Dave Whittle can help us out here. It would surely be useful in more closely dating frames.

Good questions!

Best,

Dan.

Bill C

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2020, 04:53:51 pm »
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 04:55:52 pm by Bill C »

flocsy

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2023, 10:59:44 pm »
I'm looking for the Nomad mk2 (2015-ish) brochure (or the mega brochure of 2015). Anybody knows where to find it? It's not on archive.org IMHO

martinf

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2023, 07:04:12 am »
I'm looking for the Nomad mk2 (2015-ish) brochure (or the mega brochure of 2015). Anybody knows where to find it? It's not on archive.org IMHO

I've got the Nomad mk2 2013-2014 brochure (no. 30), file name ThornRavenNomadBroHiRes_2013.pdf in my archives. It's about 13 Mo.

I don't see anywhere to post that kind of document on the forum so I've sent you a link in a PM.