Author Topic: A Snowy ride to Longsleddale  (Read 2895 times)

fisher

A Snowy ride to Longsleddale
« on: January 17, 2010, 10:59:15 pm »

Click the link http://www.southlakesgroup.org.uk/2010photogallery/photos-17th-januarysl.html to see the rest of photos of today ride over the Stile End pass from the Kentmere Valley to Longsleddale.

garyper

• Gary and Sandy's Adventures
Re: A Snowy ride to Longsleddale
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 04:03:57 am »
Gawd!!!  I hope this clears up by the time the wife and I arrive in the UK late March!!!!  Looks beautiful but as I sit her in Darwin I shudder in anticipation.

Gaz

geocycle

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 10:18:24 am »
"It was bit tricky in few places due to the ice across the track, has we followed track down into Longsleddale."

Quite!  I'll wait until summer for that route I think.

pastafarian

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 10:23:49 am »
My legs hurt just from watching this. Bet the cake tasted really good though   ;D Lovely pictures, as always!

fisher

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 05:34:31 pm »
Yes the cake was nice as alway is at Wilfs cafe and snow was starting thaw in the valleys on Sunday and as disappear from the Lancaster and Morecambe area where I live over the weekend. The track quite easy to do at most times of the year, you just have careful when you get snow on the ground.

Relayer

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 06:11:34 pm »
Riding on snow and ice didn't bother me when I was a youngster, but now I'm a fair bit older (and also because I use SPDs) I just wouldn't set out in those conditions!