Author Topic: Matchin Paint  (Read 15398 times)

RST Scout

• Janet
Re: Matchin Paint
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2017, 10:46:16 pm »

The Halfords Dark Green Scratch Repair Pen is a pretty good match to the Thorn BRG.
http://www.halfords.com/motoring/paints-body-repair/scratch-repair-paint-restorers/halfords-chip-scratch-repair-pen-dark-green

Thanks for that Rual. I didn't think Boots would have a British Racing Car Green in their nail polishes and I didn't fancy asking an assistant. I was wondering if the old British (Morris) Mini BRC green would be a match and maybe found at Halfords??? I seem to remember it was close.

Janet
Scout & Bettina's slave!

geocycle

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2017, 03:40:20 pm »
Just checked out the Halfords BRG Rual, it looks pretty close. It needed an undercoat to take to the scratches. Thanks for the tip. Maybe we should start a forum list?

Paul S

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2017, 08:59:12 pm »
Hi, I'm really sorry but we simply don't have the formula for the paint. We use powder to paint them initially the powder is from Y.S. in Taiwan and the code is YS-PC-20152 Powder Coating Yellow http://www.y-s-paint.com.tw/index.aspx?lang=US the shade differs with every batch as the formula has had to change over the years due to environmental issues, as has the curing process, hence the only way to get a proper match is to use spectrometer like most paint suppliers will have.

We have in the past as people have mentioned tried to include some paint, but it didn't travel well and goes off within about 3 months, there are now also restrictions with posting/shipping liquid paint around the UK/World so we haven't found a solution i'm afraid.  We aren't on our own with this either I don't know of many bike brands that offer a workable solution for touching up the paint.  We will continue to look for solutions.

Dave Whittle

Thanks for that Dave!!

I will look at the links when home from work, Dubai today the air tomorrow.
Peddle Power = Will Power...... & the right gears.

Paul S

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2017, 06:46:29 pm »
Hi, I'm really sorry but we simply don't have the formula for the paint. We use powder to paint them initially the powder is from Y.S. in Taiwan and the code is YS-PC-20152 Powder Coating Yellow http://www.y-s-paint.com.tw/index.aspx?lang=US the shade differs with every batch as the formula has had to change over the years due to environmental issues, as has the curing process, hence the only way to get a proper match is to use spectrometer like most paint suppliers will have.

We have in the past as people have mentioned tried to include some paint, but it didn't travel well and goes off within about 3 months, there are now also restrictions with posting/shipping liquid paint around the UK/World so we haven't found a solution i'm afraid.  We aren't on our own with this either I don't know of many bike brands that offer a workable solution for touching up the paint.  We will continue to look for solutions.

Dave Whittle

Thanks for that Dave!!

I will look at the links when home from work, Dubai today the air tomorrow.

Well, that was not worth the suspense , $110.00 for a 2015 catalogue from Twain.

Shock horror its called Yellow. :o

"Perfection is an attitude"

Now who said that  ::)
Peddle Power = Will Power...... & the right gears.