Author Topic: 2 new rear dynamo lights  (Read 3445 times)

phopwood

2 new rear dynamo lights
« on: October 22, 2014, 02:32:55 pm »
When I build up my new RST I did not fit a rear carrier, so my old dynamo rear light would no longer fit my bike with out some mods.  So at the start of the summer when dynamo lights were going cheap cheap in Europe I brought 2 of these. 

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/secula-plus-dynamo-backlight-137601/wg_id-303

I wired them in parallel, they are very bright, small and easy to fit.  Only put them on a few days ago, so not much use yet.

Peter

jags

Re: 2 new rear dynamo lights
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 04:01:30 pm »
Good job peter nice to know you can be seen from a distance 8)

phopwood

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 04:13:36 pm »
Jags,

Yep, you live in the sticks so you know what it is like to cycle with no street lights, as much warning to cars is a good thing.

Peter

jags

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 04:46:34 pm »
Peter i'm lit up like a christmas tree  when i go night riding, the dynamo rear lights are fantastic i hope in the future to get a good dybamo wheel and lights, i just using battery light at the moment.
anyway be carefull out there car drivers are getting worse.

anto.

il padrone

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 10:23:57 pm »
Why the funky bends in your front mudguard stays??

phopwood

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 09:55:49 am »
Why the funky bends in your front mudguard stays??

Glad you spotted that, they allow me to receive BBC Radio 2 in all parts of the world.

When I got the mudguards I did not have a suitable cutting tool, so I put the funky bends in to make then shorter thus allowing them to fit.  I have a spare set of stays that I keep meaning to fit but just never seem to get around to it.  They do add a bit of spring to the stays so they do not rattle around at all and if you catch them on a kerb they spring back nicely.

All the best.

Peter

jags

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 04:43:05 pm »
You had me there for a minute Peter  ;D ;D

anto