Author Topic: might get my raleigh painted.  (Read 2482 times)

jags

might get my raleigh painted.
« on: October 04, 2014, 09:34:43 pm »
in the next few weeks i'll be heading to Kildare with my buddy to see how his new custom bike is coming along  should be near enough ready,
this guy also  sprays bike's and i was seriously thinking of geting my Raleigh 753  done. nothing flash  blue my favourate colour and white bands on down tube and seat tube..

but before i decide on final colour sceme have any of you guy come acros a simple paint job that look real classy, ;) oh yeah i would need to see the finished bike. ::)

thanks

anto

triaesthete

Re: might get my raleigh painted.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 10:35:48 pm »

TI Raleigh Campagnolo colours  like this beauty       http://raleigh-sb4059.com/2014/04/06/ti-raleigh-team-pro-753-1980-sb4059-build-specification/

Sooooo beautiful   
Ian

jags

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 11:21:33 pm »
Cheers Ian yeah i know those colours but red is not my favourate colour,i was going to get it done very simular but blue been th main colour.would you believe i gave away all my super reckord and mavic wheels (tubs) what was i thinking but i do ceazy things like that gobshite.
i still have those brakes calipers on it ansd i think i have a campag chainset but it needs  to be reploished  and much smaller rings for anto. ::)
super looking bike tho .

anto

leftpoole

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 10:52:58 am »
in the next few weeks i'll be heading to Kildare with my buddy to see how his new custom bike is coming along  should be near enough ready,
this guy also  sprays bike's and i was seriously thinking of geting my Raleigh 753  done. nothing flash  blue my favourate colour and white bands on down tube and seat tube..

but before i decide on final colour sceme have any of you guy come acros a simple paint job that look real classy, ;) oh yeah i would need to see the finished bike. ::)

thanks

anto

I know a certain Audax 853 with a great paint job........... :-\

jags

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 11:03:29 am »
me too but i like the idea of restoring my raleigh ,but it would cost me to much money so i might just go with   blue and white bands..
 i also  see on utube that mose guys when spraying there bikes strip them back to bare metal ,what the hell is that all about,a panel beater would never strip a car to bare metal before spraying,as long as the paing work is sanded smooth it should be perfect.

anto.

Audax hopeful

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 11:15:33 am »
Hi Anto,

I like the idea of blue with white bands - I would though do the head tube in black as I nod to the history. And it's got to be Campag, not Shimano, on a frame like that!! Pick carefully for that retro look (ebay could be your friend here) and don't fret about Super Record - too hard to come by and far too pricey!

I long term project to enjoy!!

Nich

jags

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 12:18:45 pm »
Cheers Nich yes well doing it up as its a cracking frame.must have a look at my spares box see if i have any campag gear left.

anto.

god plan about head tube  ;)