Miscellaneous > Insurance

Home Insurance can cover expensive bikes

<< < (3/3)

Fred A-M:
I've just insured my RST for approx £45 with the Halifax as a specified item under home contents insurance.  Whilst not free, Halifax came up as the cheapest for home contents insurance by a country mile when I went through moneysupermarket.com. 

Whilst I didn't do exhaustive research, I was exceptionally pleased with the quote and even taking the £45 extra for the RST, I doubt very much that I could have got any cheaper in terms of total cost.  This also covers taking the bike abroad. 

Henryka:
Like most of your personal property, your bicycle should be covered under the named perils section of your homeowner's or renter's insurance policy for both on and off premises damage. But keep in mind that your deductible may exceed the cost of the bicycle.

Prinsen:
Home insurance can cover expensive bikes under certain conditions. Like most of your personal property, your bicycle should be covered under the named perils section of your homeowner's or renter's insurance policy for both on and off premises damage. But keep in mind that your deductible may exceed the cost of the bicycle.

pwat:
Try Saga
If you are too young for that, use Martins moneysavingexpert.com.
It took me over an hour getting various quotes to discover most would not do a decent deal with the bikes.
Success at last - My home contents insurance includes two bikes (one £1,500) and misc other (named/un-named) items at home and off the premises.
Premium significantly under £100, then got a £30 discount for letting them quote for my car insurance!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version