Author Topic: HAVE BEEN THINKING OF DOING A BIT OF BUYING AND SELLING  (Read 1498 times)

sd

Noticed there is a lot of vintage bikes around me. Example
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/royal-enfield-bicycle-vintage-dutch-style-rare-/321412354448?_trksid=p2054897.l4275
Also collection only go dirt cheap specially if they don't put a proper description in the heading. This isn't one with an incorrect description but it is collection only. Can't find the model on the internet. Anyone know what they sold at new? Would I get a decent return if I resold them?

phopwood

Re: HAVE BEEN THINKING OF DOING A BIT OF BUYING AND SELLING
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 07:13:53 pm »
I have the men's version of that bike in the shed the lady next door gave it to me, it used to belong to her husband and had sat in the garage for years gathering dust.  At some point this year I will start fixing it up.  It is a great fun bike, not sure it will ever be perfect again.

To be honest I am not sure vintage bike are worth much money, but they are fun to own.

Peter

sd

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 07:21:10 pm »
Pity. A lot of towns on the Wolds are flat so these types of bikes are still running and people never lock them up as nobody wants to nick them. No good to me no room and live in the bottom of a valley.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 07:22:55 pm by sd »

phopwood

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 08:37:08 pm »
Yes you are right no one pinches them, but they are proper bike built to last.

I am thinking of showing my enfield at the hollowell stream rally this year, they always have a cycle section. 

Peter