Author Topic: bad wheel day.  (Read 2375 times)

jags

bad wheel day.
« on: October 25, 2013, 08:24:14 pm »
just bought a front dynamo wheel and lights from a guy on another forum.well i met him he was en route to northern ireland we done the  deal and both happly went our ways.until i got home found the wheel to be totally useless its a very old wheel  spokes are all damages qr is seized lights are crap hub is shimano n72 i think but its like turning a ratchet
bought a pup :-[ ::) :'( i've text him and told him i want my money back hopefully i wont get any hassle. there a lot to be said for buying new thats twice this week i've been stiched up.

wheres me hat i'm going for a walk. ;D

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: bad wheel day.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 09:16:51 pm »
...there a lot to be said for buying new thats twice this week i've been stiched up.
Nooooooooooooooooo! >:( Oh me oh my. I'm sorry, jags. What rotten luck. Did you get a chance to check it during the exchange?

Looking for a possible "save" on this...all dynohubs feel pretty rough when spun by the axle -- feels like the bearings and cones are shot, due to the dot-dash feel of the magnets/poles. Does it smooth out any once mounted in the forks and spun by the rim?
...its a very old wheel  spokes are all damages qr is seized...
Uh-oh...that doesn't sound very promising.  :-\

Your BuddyFlaps should arrive your way today, Saturday, or Monday if the Post Office's predictions hold true. The 'flaps are new!  ;D

All the best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 10:03:52 pm »
cheers dan  no its a complete dud i'm afraid ,guy text me back said he will meet me monday lets hope i get my money back.
let you know when buddy flaps arrive  yeah always buy new.

Relayer

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 10:07:29 pm »
yeah always buy new.

That's a good mantra jags.  I think it may cost you a bit more, but the peace of mind is often worth the extra few bucks.

jags

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 10:42:16 pm »
Aint that the truth.