Author Topic: hub advice.  (Read 2462 times)

jags

hub advice.
« on: July 23, 2013, 06:35:56 pm »
http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k459/a99550/ultegra-rear-hub-fh-6800-36h.htmli need a new rear hub to replace my 9 speed ultegra will that hub  from bike discount do the job.

jags.

Andybg

Re: hub advice.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 07:10:10 pm »
Hi Jags

The link is not working on my pc but from the title it looks like it may be a goer. I know the 6700 range but not the 6800 range so cant help too much

Andy

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 07:10:51 pm »
Hi jags!

Is it this one? http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/a99550/.html

In general, it should, but I'd need to know a few more details to say for sure:
• What is your rear dropout spacing (OLN, or Over Locknut Distance)?
• How many "speeds" is your current cassette?

In any case, you'll want to pack the hub fully with grease after it arrives; most ship with only enough grease to deter corrosion during shipping and storage, and the cones often aren't properly adjusted for riding.

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 07:34:28 pm »
Cheers lads,
dan i have a 9 speed ultegra hub that new one says 11 speed  :-\ i email you a photo of  bike.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 07:53:12 pm »
Jags,

I just looked at your email with measurements and attached photo. You got 129mm OLN and this hub is 130mm, so -- yes! -- the hub should fit your frame just fine.

The only remaining question would be if you needed a slim spacer to use your 9-sp cassette on the 11-sp hub. I *think* it would just slide right on, the 9-sp having wider cogs and spacer stack than the 11-sp, but I'm pressed for time at the mo' (flooded car footwell 'cos I got stoopid and forgot to close my bottle stopper when transporting the Nomad in from Yachats) and can check later if you need.

Will email you a fuller reply on the other things in just a bit.

All the best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 07:56:56 pm »
excellent Dan talk later.