Author Topic: New Raven  (Read 1886 times)

Peddrov

New Raven
« on: May 16, 2013, 01:20:37 pm »
My Raven got here on Tuesday and so far I'm very happy with it. On the pictures, it is mostly as it came out of the box, except I installed a bike computer, transferred my rusty old bell, put a bottle into the cage, and exchanged the handlebar grips. It came with full length grips on both sides, which made it very hard for me to reach the brakes without shifting my hands fairly far towards the centre. Now I have the Rohloff-specific grips which are shorter on the RHS, so to make some room for the shifter. Happy times ahead!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 01:22:40 pm by Peddrov »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: New Raven
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 01:41:01 pm »
Oh, how wonderful, Philipp; what a beauty, and oh-so glossy red!

Absolutely gorgeous! Nicely taken photos, too; thanks for posting.

So glad to hear it is settling in already with some personalization. I'm always intrigued by what gets transferred over. I'm reminded of the old wedding rhyme regarding a bride and luck: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Something_old Many of us transfer "Something old" to our new bikes as a way of preserving continuity...or just because the "old" is also a Favorite. Perhaps such things bring a little luc to the new ride as well.

Your old bell will be having some marvelous new Adventures on its new perch, Philipp. Happy times, indeed! All congratulations your way on a really beautiful new bike.

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 01:42:14 pm »
very nice enjoy every pedal stroke. ;)

moodymac

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 04:17:23 pm »
Peddrov,

Great looking bike!  You can tell it is fast because it is red (to quote another great mind on this post).  My kind of seat; well sprung.

Got to have some ride reports though.  How does she ride, shift, handle, etc., etc., etc..

Tom

(Actually she must be very fast, she is very red, beautiful).  I keep saying she, you going to name it?