Community > Was it you?

I spy - Belton Ravens

<< < (3/3)

PH:
quote:Originally posted by stutho

What / Where / When is Belton?

Belton is a small village  about 5 miles West of Loughborough in Leicestershire.  The mince Pie gathering is in the village hall on Sunday 17th December. It's an opportunity to meet up with lots of the CTC and touring  clubs in the area.  With apologies for my ignorance, I’ve no idea of its history or who runs it.
I shall be there, probably riding over with the local CTC and probably on my Raven.  

stutho:
Thank PH – Unfortunately too far for me.  Hope you have a good time.

PH:
Wow, what a gathering, I've never seen it so packed, must have all come out to enjoy the winter sun. It's usually hard to get a seat, today it was hard to get standing room.
Only spotted two other Ravens, a pair of black tours that looked like they'd been well used, but it was hard to pick anything out in the mass of bikes.
I didn't spot Team Triplet. Anyone else there?

Team Triplet:
quote:Originally posted by PH

Wow, what a gathering, I've never seen it so packed, must have all come out to enjoy the winter sun. It's usually hard to get a seat, today it was hard to get standing room.

Only spotted two other Ravens, a pair of black tours that looked like they'd been well used, but it was hard to pick anything out in the mass of bikes.
I didn't spot Team Triplet. Anyone else there?

I was there!

I arrived about 11am thinking it was empty, where was everybody, but shorty afterwards it crowded out.  I suspect with the fine weather people took a longer route to Belton.

You should have at least heard me, I was relaying the raffle numbers from halfway up the hall.  In the past few years I did it from the stage.  I was in the RSF jersey with Tandem Club top.  Perhaps my bike was too camouflaged by mud to be seen.[:D]  I was parked around the back.  In the party I brought over there was one other Raven, a Raven Tour with flat bars and a rather sloping saddle.  I didn’t notice any others.

PH:
quote:Originally posted by Team Triplet

You should have at least heard me, I was relaying the raffle numbers from halfway up the hall.  In the past few years I did it from the stage.  I was in the RSF jersey with Tandem Club top.  

Yes I certainly heard you!
I rode over with Derby CTC, we had a better turn out than normal and it looks like the other groups had the same.  I normally park round the back, but by the time we got there, midday, there was no space with bikes laying everywhere. we managed to grab a spot at the front as some people were leaving.
I'll introduce myself next year, now I know who to look out for (Or listen for)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version