Author Topic: bar bag and lights  (Read 2769 times)

Darragh

bar bag and lights
« on: March 16, 2013, 09:32:17 am »
Hey,

Just wondering what is the best solution to fitting a light in such a way that still allows me to have a bar bag. As you can imagine if i leave the light (I have a niterider one) in the normal place on the handlebars it just shines onto the top of the bar bag. At some stage I hope to buy a dynohub and dynamo light but for the moment will be just using the niterider light. I've seen things like the T bar accessory on SJS cycles website, would that work? Or I've also seen bar attachments that elevate the light above the bar bag (would that work? It seems to me there would be less light falling to the road with this option?).

So any suggestions/experiences gratefully welcome.

Thanks

Darrag

Andybg

Re: bar bag and lights
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 10:07:13 am »
Hi Darragg

Great question and one you will find repeated all over the web. To be honest I have tried a few options of fitting lights above a bar bag and to be honest I have not found one that works well. Even if you get the light high enough to shine over the barbag it will leave a large dark area for a few meters in front of the bike.

The best solution I found was to mock something up to attach the light from the fork crown where you would normaly attach a hub light.

In the end I decided I preffered to keep my lights on the bar where I can adjust them continually to road conditions and ditch the bar bag.

Hope you get some more posotive feedback and advice because I miss my barbag but miss my lights off my bar more.

Andy

il padrone

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 12:52:29 pm »
This one perhaps?

SJS Cycles sell it - a Busch & Muller crown-mount for battery lights.

Darragh

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 03:43:16 pm »
Cool, thanks guys I like the look of that crown mount, might do the trick....