Author Topic: bike completly finished  (Read 2831 times)

jags

bike completly finished
« on: March 09, 2013, 01:55:19 pm »
Well got my new brooks bar tape on last night with a struggle i must say  not a lot of give in it.but it's on and looks well. ;) got it for 20 euro so a good deal  it's green same as my bike and saddle bit bright at the moment but the weather will soon sort that out.
and while i was tricking around i decided to mount the new rear toplight on the rack and moved the cateye to the mudguard where the reflector used to be .
my testpilot wasn't around so i have no idea how the lights look from behind.
so that's it done and dusted the bike is ready for anything i care to throw at it
day rides /night rides ./adventure touring yeah right/ week away .
yip it looks great if only i could do the same with my body i'de be away in a hack.
cheers
anto.

ianshearin

Re: bike completly finished
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 03:47:32 pm »
Pictures!
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
'shing xiong'

Andybg

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 03:49:08 pm »
Famous last words - bike completly finished

Before you know it there will be something new and improved that you will be hankering to bolt to the bike!!!!

Andy

jags

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 03:54:58 pm »
yeah Andy as soon as i said that i laughed to myself emm what next  ;D ;D

Ian i can only take pic's with my mobile phone  which is useless doesn't do the bike justice at all then i have to email them to Dan  to post on here.
i lost the lead for my  camera so thats  a no goer as well.
so buddy you just have to take my word for it that i have the best looking sherpa on the planet  ;D ;D

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 04:19:48 pm »
Wheel the bike outdoors where it is brighter and have a go at taking a photo, jags. I may well be able to enhance it. Any pic beats no pic!

With cell-phone cameras, bright lighting is your friend.

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 04:34:27 pm »
Dan the sky is black  it's still raining here 3 days now none stop . :(

ok just took 3 pic's hope they look ok miserable day, and as i said camera phone aint great.
i have gel inserts and gel bartape under that new brooks tape bit on the thick side just like me but thats how i like it. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 04:56:21 pm by jags »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 05:00:39 pm »
Oh! Jags! Saying a bike is "completely finished" is like telling how long you've gone without a flat tire! Like washing the car on a sunny day and having it rain the next! It is a sure guarantee one will find something to add the next day...moreso if what you just installed cost a lot or was difficult to put in place. The "improved" model will be cheaper and easier to install -- and have more features. Never fails.

What a shame about the weather, I hope it clears soon. Well...plenty of time to think of More Bling for the bike while you're waiting for the skies to clear. I know you like gadgets as much as I do, so here's some suggestions of varying good/bad taste so the Sherpa can be "completely finished":

• New/different canti-brake straddle-cable carriers.
• New bar-end plugs.
• Having your name lettered on the top tube.
• Anodized alu presta-to-schrader valve cap adapter...and cap for same.
• Faux-carbon overlays for your pump, etc. to make the racer-boys jealous: http://www.amazon.com/Black-Metro-Flexible-Carbon-Fiber/dp/B005BTNFVQ
• M:Part genuine carbon chainstay protector: http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/m:part-carbon-fibre-chainstay-protector-prod17207/
• Ceramic-bearing derailleur pulleys.
• One of those CatEye Adventure bike computers with the built-in slope and altitude indicators.
• ToutTerrain The Plug 2+ so you can charge your MP3 player as you ride.
• LED headlight.
• Click-Stand for parking...and -- why not? -- some BikeBrake bands for the brake levers to secure it while parked.
• A ring-lock! With plug-in cable and holder, of course.

I'd best stop, but there's always something to add...and somehow, it all adds weight.

Best,

Dan. (...who seems to have added an awful lot of weight to his bikes)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 05:19:47 pm »
[Posted on jags' behalf]

Wow!

The new tape looks very nice, jags, as does the mudguard-mounted LED. Thanks for sharing -- it looks great!

The Brooks bar plugs look fantastic, too. I wouldn't have thought to "go green", but it is absolutely perfect for the earlier glossy gun-metal color of the bike and will only get better over time. The new head- and taillight look terrific as well! I can see the new dynohub there as well.

You're right; Finished -- nothing needs adding, jags!

All the best,

Dan. (...who is pleased at the recovery of another frozen bumblebee in his care; thawed, moving about, and drinking hummingbird nectar)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:38:27 pm by Danneaux »

jags

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 06:37:44 pm »
Cheers Dan glad you like happy enough with the tape and lights.

i've really got to stop spending money on bike gear ::)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 06:39:34 pm »
i've really got to stop spending money on bike gear
If you're like the rest of us, jags, it seems to be a mild addiction.

Always something new to consider!

Amazingly, my bikes become pretty static after I've set them up. It's just that setting them up takes awhile.  ;)

Best,

Dan.

ianshearin

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 07:43:59 pm »
Brill jags, love it!
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
'shing xiong'

jags

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 08:07:22 pm »
cheers Ian ,tell me have a dynamo front wheel on the new bike if not well worth the extra few pounds and it's gonna be handy for charging up your gadgets when your on tour.
also the cateye TL-LD1100 is a gem of a rear light  every bike should have one.

ianshearin

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 08:13:16 pm »
Yes, first thing I wasnt going to compromise on was a Dynahub.
I have been looking at that new Busch & Muller light with a USB charging facility, defo gonna get one of them.
I will put the Cateye on my list  ;)

Oops, just checked it online, I allready have it  :P
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:15:10 pm by ianshearin »
'shing xiong'

jags

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2013, 08:19:54 pm »
did you get your reach sorted, to be honest Ian i would't go changing stuff just yet it's gonna take a few weeks to get used to it. it did with me even though i have all my bikes set up exactly the same.
any more miles on that beauti yet Ian.

ianshearin

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 08:46:09 pm »
Still not sorted the reach, had no time on the bike last few days due to golf commitments, off to visit Mum tomorrow (Mothers day) so will get about 40 miles in.
Looking forward to getting it sorted and then starting to personalise it.........
'shing xiong'