Author Topic: British couple killed in crash on world cycling tour  (Read 6343 times)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: British couple killed in crash on world cycling tour
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 05:33:40 pm »
Hi All!

A heartening (GoogleTranslated) followup from Lars (who was swept away in the flash-flood of his river camp) on his condition...
Posted to the Weraldfietser Forum: February 17 Thus, 2013 10:16 p.m. -- First, here too, so wanna thank everyone for the moral support, the wise and kind words, for all ... This morning the doctor came to my bed, looked at my feet and felt here and there and asked if I felt something. One place he was just tickling so yeah, I felt it almost all. He looked at me and said the words still unbelievable to me: maybe we do not have to amputate, I do not thinks so. I looked at him in disbelieve and stumbled something like, okay, that would be great! And yes my friends, no.3 big miracle has happened! When I woke up after surgery I still had two legs! So now they are going and try to save my leg, probably need 5 or 6 more surgeries in a couple of weeks. The place was so seriously infected by the river and crawling through the rocky fields and That infection is hard to fight. But I am in one of the best hospitals in Chile and maybe just south america. A very good team of doctors. The nurses are all so nice. chilenean Many other people who are helping me. My family in Holland and Belgium, who are supporting me so good. Equally in The Netherlands, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, supports me The dutch Ambassy here in santiago. All of you who receice my emails, I am sorry but I can not write all of you personal backup, thank you so muh for your support and nice words And last but not least all my friends from the world cyclist, all of you, thank you so much! I am truly a blessed man with so many supportive friends, all over the world! And, my little sister Nanette's going to be here in Santiago this tuesday! Arranged by the perfect medical care system in Holland. I am looking forward to see her again, I hope she bring a pack of tissues hahaha. Lets hope this good road, with two legs, continues coming weeks Warm greetings, big hugs and love from Lars
Hoping things continue and conclude on the same positive note.

Best,

Dan.